Management Sciences for Health Business Development Manager Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 22, 2014
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a nonprofit international health organization with over four decades of experience in strengthening health systems, and capacity of local institutions.
MSH takes a comprehensive approach to improving health to achieve scalability, lasting impact, and sustainability.
Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
MSH would like to invite a suitably qualified and experienced candidate to join the Kenya Leadership Team as a Business Development Manager.
The Business Development Manager plays a key role in all aspects of new business acquisition at MSH Kenya through working with the MSH Kenya Leadership Team (KLT) and project staff to position MSH to win new business.
This includes scanning the environment, capturing, documenting and sharing with the KLT new business opportunities that exist within the Government of Kenya, development partners and private sector environments.
S/he will regularly assess the competitiveness of MSH Kenya to win new business in Kenya and prepare MSH Kenya documentation such as capability statements that support new business development.
- Coordinate the development and compilation of the annual and multi-year business development strategies and plans that leverage MSH capabilities to identify and win new business opportunities;
- Identify and prioritize new business opportunities for MSH Kenya and market MSH capabilities to diverse clients;
- Identify potential partners, prepare and negotiate teaming agreements for joint effort and collaboration on new business;
- Liaise with MSH home office in collaboration with the KLT to identify and access support for new business development;
- Prepare MSH Kenya new business development forecast, plans, budgets and monitoring indicators for new business for incorporation into the MSH Kenya annual operational plans;
- Prepare and monitor proposal development calendars and provide direct support to technical teams and talent acquisition personnel to write proposals to ensure timeliness and quality; and
- Lead teams to write winning technical proposals in MSH Kenya areas of focus.
Qualifications and Experience Required
Master’s degree with significant experience in public health, health care management, international development or public policy, or equivalent experience in business development.
The ideal candidate should have a minimum of seven years’ experience in managing the development of technical proposals to funding agencies in Kenya and active in international development, preferably in international health.
S/he should have had at least two years management experience.
The preferred candidate should have significant work experience in identifying funding opportunities, negotiating and developing new business with major donors, such as USAID, DFID, Global Fund, AusAID and large foundations.
The candidate is required to have demonstrated experience with management of winning bids.
Experience in writing proposals is a must.
The successful candidate should have excellent communication (verbal & written), interpersonal, negotiation skills with demonstrated ability to manage proposal processes and team relationships.
S/he should demonstrate good judgment and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, work with minimal supervision under tight timelines and be able to work with cross-cultural teams.
In addition, the candidate should have significant organizational and leadership experience with proof of managing complex proposal processes that led to success.
Excellent research, data analysis/synthesis and presentation skills are required.
A writing test, as well as submission of writing samples will be required.
At least five years of prior experience living and working in a developing country strongly preferred
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap.
For further details and to apply for this position, please visit the Employment Opportunities section of our website at www.Jobs-msh.icims.com and apply by January 31, 2014.
If you cannot apply online or have difficulty doing so, please email an explanation of your problem to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information please visit our website www.msh.org.