The group of companies invests in projects, within East Africa, across a wide range of sectors including: Food and Agro Processing, Printing and Packaging, Textiles, Leather processing, Pharmaceuticals, Power and Telecommunications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive and coordinate the annual budget process for the Group which involves providing support to the project companies in the preparation of annual budgets and review those developed by project companies by performing analysis to ensure these are accurately done.
- Preparation of the consolidated Group budget and completion of all budget related templates as required, ensuring all reports are completed accurately and submitted as per the set deadlines.
- Ensure all project companies reports (weekly, monthly and quarterly) are submitted timely and are of high standard of quality.
- Provide financial support to the project companies in case there are any gaps and with the aim of enhancing their financial reporting.
- Develop financial reports for forecasting, trending and results analysis.
- Monitor new projects expenditure against project budgets and project plans and query project companies where there are significant variances.
- Interpret financial transactions and events for purposes of making business decisions.
- Any other related duties that may be assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree in Finance or Accounts from a recognized university
- Post graduate degree in business an advantage
- CPA (K) or ACCA
- 5 years progressive work experience gained in a similar accounting position
- Experience managing accounting and financing activities in a group of companies an advantage.
- Strong financial analytical skills
- Good working knowledge of financial and accounting reporting using software technologies
- Experience managing finance and accounting teams
- Excellent supervisory skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A team player
- Vast knowledge of financial policies and regulations
Interested candidates to send in detailed applications to email@example.com by deadline of 8th September 2014.
In your cover letter, kindly quote your current and expected salary.
Only those shortlisted will be contacted for interviews.