Maasai Mara Lodge General Manager
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Mar 19, 2014
Lodge General Manager
Oversees all aspects of Property Management in accordance with Company mission statement, including maximization of financial performance, guest satisfaction, and staff development within established quality standards. Responsible for the hiring, training and discipline of all hotel staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates an operating environment that assures consistent guest satisfaction.
- Monitors the performance of the hotel through verification and analysis of guest satisfaction systems and financial reports. Initiates corrective action.
- Maintains product and service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations and investigating complaints. Initiates corrective action.
- Develops accurate and aggressive long and short-range financial objectives consistent with the Company’s mission statement.
- Establish and maintain a pro-active human resource function to ensure employee motivation, training and development, wage and benefits administration, and compliance with established labor regulations.
- Execute marketing, sales, and operational activities, producing results that meet or exceed the hotel’s business plan.
- Ensures good safety practices of employees and guests, assisting in the maintenance of proper emergency and security procedures.
- Implements and maintains effective open-door communication system that crosses departmental lines in order to reach all employees
- Understands the government regulations affecting hotel’s operations, ensuring hotel is operated in compliance with all applicable laws,
- Deals with the general public, customers, employees, union and government officials with tact and courtesy. Plans and organizes the work of others.
- Accepts full responsibility for managing an activity.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Typically, directly supervises employees at the hotel, including all
- Indirectly supervises all hotel personnel. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies, training programs, and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training employees;
- planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance;
- rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience as a GM running remote Camps or Lodges
- Previous new unit opening experience would be preferential or change-management experience and the ability to develop a cohesive team.
- A hotel or Business management course
Package: 200,000 +Benefits
If you feel you fit the above role, please send your CV to [email protected]