LWF Kakuma Project Matron Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 28, 2014
The Lutheran World Federation / Department for World Service, Kakuma Project hereby invites applications from suitably qualified citizens for the following vacant position.
The incumbent will report to the Headmistress or her designate.
- Responsible for the general health and well-being of the girls
- Respond to medical emergencies as well as routine appointments, escorting girls to hospital
- Liaise with girls’ parents or guardians concerning domestic, personal welfare/medical matters
- Responsible for supervising the children’s routine in House and at mealtimes
- Promote healthy eating and regular exercise amongst the girls
- Assisting with weekly catering orders, house entertainment requirements
- Supervising the kitchen staff to ensure good quality meals in tidy/clean environment
- Responsible for the care, supervision, cleanliness and presentation of the girls;
- Ensure girls have the appropriate uniform and clothing requirements at all times
- To participate in the induction of new girls and ensure any ‘settling in’ problems are resolved
- At the beginning of each half term, to ensure that the dormitories are properly equipped
Educational qualification and Experience
- Nursing background
- Computer literacy; MS word and Excel
- Undergone First Aid, Child Protection and Fire Training
- 3 years’ progressive experience in a similar position in a busy girls’ boarding school
Attribute Expected to Uphold:
- High level of integrity, commitment and professional responsibility
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Ability to tolerate cultural, education and religious diversity in the work place.
- Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills.
LWF/DWS is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
LWF/DWS is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies.
Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.
Applications and detailed CV must include email address and telephone contacts of 3 referees, one of whom must be your supervisor in your current/former employment.
They should reach the undersigned by close of business on 29.01.2014
C/o Administrator /HR ,
P.O. Box 48 Kakuma,
Or e-mailed to: [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.