Lutheran World Federation Accountability and Quality Assurance Officer Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Feb 4, 2014
Lutheran World Federation / Department for World Service Kenya-Djibouti Programme is seeking to recruit a Kenyan national for the following position to be based in Dadaab Refugee Camp.
Accountability and Quality Assurance Officer
Duties and responsibilities will include among others:-
- Identifying accountability gaps within the organization and developing innovative ways of addressing these gaps in line with the Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP) Principles and standards and other existing international standards in emergencies.
- Developing procedures and operating plans of mainstreaming Accountability principles and standards within the organization and building the capacity of project staff and beneficiaries on the same
- Providing intensive technical support to the project staff in mainstreaming accountability principles and standards within the project cycle and project activities
- Designing workable and comprehensive tools for monitoring accountability with focus to the beneficiaries.
- Redesigning and or strengthening Accountability structures such as the Complaints and Response System
- Maintaining a complaints database and manage the complaints referral system, in close collaboration with the Focal Person(s) and management
- Providing monthly reports on trends, lessons learnt and success stories as far as accountability is concerned and documenting feedback from focus groups to be uploaded into the LWF Website for purposes of communicating and documenting LWF/DWS accountability efforts and results
- Assess the extent of attainments of the intended objectives, outcomes, outputs and activities as per Log frames,
- Generate findings on opportunities, constraints and lessons learnt during the implementation of the Project.
- Reviewing the existing LWF/DWS policies, procedures, guidelines including the M&E System to ensure consistency with and adherence to accountability standards and making recommendations for change whenever necessary
- Ensuring that all staffs have and understand all of LWF/DWS and ACT Alliance Policies, guidelines and Action plans
- Any additional duties as deemed necessary by the Project Area Coordinator
Required Skills, Qualifications and experience
- Advanced University degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies or Human Rights Law
- At least 3 years humanitarian program experience preferably with displaced persons
- Understanding of HAP and RBA Approach to humanitarian/Development Programming will be an added advantage
- Experience in policy development, implementation and review
- Experience in designing and facilitating trainings and in capacity building
- Data analysis skills (qualitative and quantitative)
- Strong inter-cultural and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Word, Excel, data soft ware and Internet
“LWF/DWS is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. LWF/DWS is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.”
Please email your application letter and attach updated CV with contact emails and phone numbers of 3 professional referees, preferably your current or immediate former employer addressed to;
The Human Resources Officer,
Lutheran World Federation Kenya-Djibouti,
Closing date: 5th February 2014
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted