Logistics Manager Job in Kenya – The Wrigley Company
Category: Logistics Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jun 28, 2013
The Wrigley Company is the world’s largest manufacturer of chewing gum.
A subsidiary of the MARS Company, a global leader in the chocolate and pet-food categories and one of the largest privately owned businesses.
At Wrigley, we love what we do and are passionate about our people.
People in over 150 countries enjoy our brands every day.
Our secret to success is ensuring our associates treat the business as if it were their own and ensuring that we harness the individual strengths of our people.
We also place great emphasis on being a responsible company with an eye on the future.
We are seeking to recruit a Logistics Manager reporting to the Factory Manager.
Provide Logistic support in line with the corporate mission through optimization of the Supply Chain efficiency and activities to achieve the highest level of customer service at minimum operating cost.
- S&OP leader, managing Supply Management Review.
- Responsible for setting up inventory levels, implementing efficient production planning activities, effective negotiation of key projects and timely delivery of capital on site.
- Develops and executes annual plans and budgets related to capital, Service level Agreements, purchasing, transportation, storage, and Import/Export in line with both local Supply Chain and Corporate strategies.
- Develops implements and maintains all Supply Chain systems and procedures under his/her influence to comply with the Company Financial guidelines, Government regulations and corporate standards.
- Managing all inventories (raw materials, finished goods and customer inventories as appropriate) to agreed optimal levels.
- Deliver projects that implement the logistics network strategy for the business and understand the impact to the entire supply chain.
- Provide regular assessment of associate performance keeping a high level of motivation and engagement within the team.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role with a FMCG company.
- Must have demonstrated experience in setting and managing end to end solutions.
- Must have demonstrated experience on leading S&OP. Proficiency in Microsoft office and SAP experience is an added advantage.
- Motivating Others
- Building Effective Teams
- Managing Vision and Purpose
- Logistics Management
- Business Process Application
- Customer Focus
How to apply:
Send your application including a cover letter indicating your desire to work with our client; a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees by end of day Friday 12th July 2013 to:
P O Box 6416,
P O Box 6416,
Nairobi, GPO 00100
Email: [email protected]
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications.