Logistics Assistant Job in Nairobi Kenya (KShs 20K)
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Feb 3, 2014
Our client is a growing company dealing in the supply of fast moving construction materials within Nairobi county and is looking for a young energetic and dynamic Logistics Assistant
Job Purpose: The job holder will ensure company trucks are in good condition and ensure paper work for each trip is completed and delivered on time in the office
- Fuelling trucks and monitoring fuel consumption
- Ensuring that trucks are checked for tyre pressure and the fuel filters are blown off every time the vehicle is fueled without fail.
- Monitoring both the mechanical and body condition of the trucks
- Servicing and maintenance of the trucks. Both mechanical and body works. Following up with the garage to ensure maintenance is done well.
- Tracking deliveries to the major sites and ensuring that the delivery notes are all filled up and office copies promptly delivered to the office
- Assisting in sourcing for quality materials from the quarries
- Maintain equipment in a clean and serviceable condition in accordance with the recommended operating practices including the completion of a daily prestart safety check.
- Update and compile logistics-related monthly reports.
- Other related logistics duties as assigned.
- A Certificate/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering/Transport Logistics or any related field
- A valid driver’s licence
- Knowledge of basic vehicle maintenance.
- Knowledge of basic accounting
- Some experience of checking, maintaining, and auditing equipment
Salary Budget: Ksh.20,000
How to apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please forward a copy of your updated resume, and your current salary and benefits package to [email protected] before close of business 4th February, 2014.