Logistician/Driver Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Mar 20, 2014
SIF (Secours Islamique France) is a non-governmental organization (NGO) of international solidarity for emergency relief and development. SIF intervenes without any affiliation to politics, religion or financial profit in responding to the basic needs of the most vulnerable populations.
SIF is looking for a professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and a committed team player to fill the above position.
The logistician plays a key role in implementing the country strategy, especially the required logistical inputs, as well as ensuring that established Logistics policies are followed
He/she is responsible for the management of logistics function at the capital,
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist Logistics Coordinator in general Logistics Planning and implementation of logistics component of the SIF Country Strategy.
- Purchase requisitioned items in accordance to SIF supply chain regulations and ensure that correct and good quality goods are received by requesters on time
- Manage stock as prescribed in SIF regulations and ensure that goods are safe from pilferage and severe physical and weather conditions. Ensure correct use of goods as per Donor conditions and monitor expiry dates so as to avoid wastage
- Manage SIF assets in a cost effective manner and as prescribed in the regulations so as to realize optimal benefits, low cost of ownership and optimal lifespan
- Ensure that SIF fleet of vehicles are managed in a cost effective manner and fuel usage follow up, analyzed and reported on a monthly basis
- Ensure cost effective functioning of IT and communication systems
- Effectively and efficiently manage staff and Cargo movements
- Relevant diploma in either Business, Logistics & Procurement, Engineering or any other relevant course
- At least 2 years of relevant logistics experience in an NGO
- Have excellent IT skills and proficiency in MS Office
- Have a valid Kenyan Driving license, preferably class BCE
- Be transparent, honest and trust worthy; be able to work under pressure and strict deadlines
- Good communication skills in both English and Swahili (Written and spoken)
- Knowledge of Motor vehicle mechanics or Electrical installation will be an added advantage
- Proactive and able to work independently and have a good sense of organization;
- Have an eye for detail and Good numeracy
- Have interpersonal skills, high communication abilities and training abilities
- Have the ability to work in a cross cultural environment;
Submission of Applications
The position title (Logistician/Driver) should be indicated on the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
To apply, send Cover Letter and C.V. to [email protected] before 30th April 2014.