Life Insurance Business Development Officers Jobs in Nakuru and Nyeri Kenya
Our client, a leading International Insurance and financial provider in Kenya and the wider Eastern Africa region, is currently looking for a Business Development Assistant / Officer to prospect, acquire and retain group risks and Retirement Benefits Business within the Mt Kenya Region, (to be based in Nyeri) and Rift Valley Region (to be based in Nakuru) in line with the set Company targets and standards
- Gaining new business by identifying and exploiting new business opportunities in the regional market;
- Looking for and opening new Group Risks and Retirement Benefits markets within the region.
- Providing competitive quotations to prospects.
- Consulting on the most effective cover for a particular need, while taking a number of factors into account.
- Setting up meetings, preparing and delivering presentations to potential clients.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with intermediaries and existing customers.
- Training and supporting Tied Life Agents (TLAs) in the region on group business.
- Training and supporting intermediaries in respect of retirement benefit schemes and group risks.
- Introducing new products and promoting them through regular visits and frequent communication with intermediaries, existing clients and prospects.
- Ensuring credibility with clients by maintaining detailed knowledge of current market conditions and competitors’ products and preparing regular management reports
- Delivering good customer service by responding swiftly to queries and concerns from clients.
- Attending service meetings of Group Risks customers.
- Attending meetings for trustees/AGMs and providing education on retirement plans to scheme members.
- Monitoring and reporting on performance against agreed sales and retention targets.
- An undergraduate degree in a business or social science related field.
- Have ACII or IIK qualification or demonstrate significant progress towards attainment of the same.
- At least 4 years’ experience in marketing of life and pensions solutions to corporates and organized groups.
- Thorough familiarity with the market in the Mt Kenya/Rift Valley Region will be an added advantage.
- Appreciable understanding of the Kenya insurance market, the prevailing business environment and products by the competition.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, self-driven and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Good negotiation skills and persuasiveness, Self-motivated but able to work as part of a team.
- Confidence presenting to large groups of people.
- Trustworthiness and discretion when handling confidential information.
- A smart appearance and professional manner.