Legal Officer Kenya – Wananchi Group
Category: Legal Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jun 12, 2013
The legal officer will report to the Group Legal and Corporate Affairs, the holder will ensure proper handling and management of assignments and projects of the business unit.
This includes, amongst other duties:
- Drafting, review and contract management of a range of agreements (detailed below)
- Title searches and trade mark registration to enable the exploitation of properties
- Supporting deal structuring through advice, research or external consultation
- Contract administration
- Providing any ad hoc legal assistance required by the business unit
The Legal Officer will be responsible for the drafting, review and contract management of these.
2. Intellectual Property
Registration and maintenance and management of existing and new intellectual property
3. Contract Management
The Legal Officer will be responsible for coordinating the flow of paperwork through liaison with internal and external parties, version control, and deadline management.
S/he will be expected to maintain a detailed, up-to-date contracts register and handle / flag any issues requiring attention, such as contract renewals, expiries, etc.
S/he will also be responsible for handling any amendments to contracts, such as extension of contract periods, territories or rights, assignments, etc.
4. Ad Hoc
The Legal Officer will assist / support the business in a variety of ad hoc undertakings and requirements.
Education & Experience Required
- Degree in Law, Post Graduate Diploma (KSL) and hold a valid Advocates’ practicing certificate
- Minimum 3 years experience in commercial transactions
- IP experience would be an added advantage
Skills & Attributes Required
- Team player
- Interest and experience in Telecomms and media
Interested candidates should send their applications [email protected] or before the 14th June 2013