Law Firm Kenya
Category: Legal Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jun 21, 2013
A Reputable Full Service Law Firm – Kenya
Associate – Litigation & Associate – Commercial
Our Client is an internationally recognized reputable full service law firm that provides a broad range of Corporate, Commercial and Litigation legal services.
The firm is looking to fill the two above positions both which offer exciting career growth opportunities.
- At least 5 years post admission litigation experience in a medium to large sized law firm and demonstrable litigation experience in the Court of Appeal, the High Court [commercial, family and lands division], the Industrial Court, the Chief Magistrates Court, and statutory tribunals including the Kenya Industrial Property Institute, and the Public Procurement Oversight Authority;
- Knowledge of Court procedures, both Criminal and Civil.
- Commercial Associate
- A technically strong advocate with at least 3 years’ post admission commercial experience including drawing up and reviewing various legal documents including but not limited to contracts, agreements, opinions, deeds, and other documents;
- Specific experience in intellectual property, employment law and company secretarial work will be an added advantage;
- Conducting client meetings and managing all aspects of a transaction until conclusion;
- Conducting legal research.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required for Both Positions:
- A Bachelor of Laws (LLB) Degree from a recognised university (Minimum Upper Second);
- Post Graduate Diploma from the Kenya School of Law;
- Certificate of Admission to Roll of Advocates of the High Court of Kenya and current and valid Practicing Certificate.
- Work experience within a team setting;
- Remains current on legal developments, should be proactive, self-motivated and aggressive and possess result oriented approach on all matters;
- Highly disciplined with ability to work under pressure with minimum or no supervision;
- Focused and inquisitive learner who proactively pursues opportunities to build expertise.
Interested candidates should email their application and word formatted CV by 1st July 2013, to the recruitment administrator at: [email protected]