Law Firm Company Secretary and Administrative Assistant Jobs in Nairobi Kenya
This position is responsible for ensuring that the firm’s clients comply with all relevant laws and regulations and provision of legal services and compliance with best practice standards of corporate governance.
The Company Secretary will maintain the clients’ shareholders register, and manage the Legal Advisory matters, Shares Registry and Securities.
- Organize, prepare agendas for, and take minutes of Board meetings and annual general meetings and communicate promptly decisions made for appropriate action or Implementation.
- Provide company secretarial services to the clients
- Work closely with the clients’ external secretary to ensure filling of annual returns is done on time.
- Maintain statutory books, including registers of client members, directors and secretaries.
- Ensure that the company’s legal risks are managed effectively and efficiently.
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment, and take appropriate action.
- Manage the clients Securities & Documentation and ensure efficiency in its operations.
- Manage Client Company’s Share Registry and ensure efficiency in their operations.
- Advice and guide the company on international legal obligations affecting company
- Custodian of the clients company seal and be responsible for its use
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Education, Professional Qualifications, Skill& Competencies:
- A registered CPS (K) member of the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya.
- Bachelor of Laws degree or any other suitable degree from a reputable University
- At least 3 year’s relevant experience.
- Strong management and negotiation skills
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer application
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of corporate, regulatory and company law, rules and norms.
- Prepare correspondence
- Assist lawyers or paralegals with legal research
- Providing administrative support to the team
- Assisting with tasks such as printing, making copies, proof reading, compiling reports and data, expense reimbursement reports, etc.
- Managing paperwork/
- Maintaining data associated with each file
- Maintaining contact lists
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Be a university graduate
- Have at least three years experience in a similar position
- Possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Not be below the age of 30 years.
- Experience in a law firm will be an added advantage