Land O’Lakes Internal Development Finance Assistant Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 16, 2013
Land O’Lakes International development is a division of Land O’Lakes Inc, a US food and agricultural Cooperative based in Minnesota. Land O’Lakes international development Kenya office seeks a suitable candidate for the position of Finance Assistant.
This position reports to the finance manager.
The key responsibilities for this position are:
- Processing all project payments and acting as point person for project vendors.
- Processing checks and monthly bank reconciliation statements.
- Accurate recording of financial data in Cost Point accounting system to ensure accurate financial reports.
- Preparing project management reports as may be required.
- Preparing project budgets and forecast.
- Managing staff advances ensuring the project maintains a reasonable level of receivables.
- Working with project staff to effectively manage training budgets.
- Work with project staff to ensure that monthly time sheets are completed in good time.
- Preparing monthly HQ financial package.
- Working with the finance manager to ensure the project has successful annual audits.
- Carrying out project financial analysis and reconciliations.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
- A Business degree in accounting, finance, or business administration
- Professional accounting qualification, CPA or ACCA
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- At least three years of accounting experience with an NGO in a busy accounting environment.
- Understanding of USAID rules and regulations.
- Experience using Cost Point accounting software is an added advantage.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Strong team player and able to work under pressure.
If you meet the above qualifications please email your cover letter and CV with three referees to [email protected] by Friday, Dec 20th 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please remember to include “finance assistant” in the subject line of the email.