Lake Victoria Partnership Fund Job Kenya – Program Assistant
Lake Victoria Partnership Fund Program Assistant Job in Kisumu Kenya
The Agreement was signed in April 2001 between the East African Community and five Development Partners namely the Government of Sweden, Norway and France; and the East African Development Bank and the World Bank. The Government of Finland acceded to the Agreement in 2010.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep records of communications of the Fund between LVBC and stakeholders and documents of the Fund including agreements, payment records, disbursement records, etc. in a system ensuring efficient filing and retrieval
- Assist in planning and organizing meetings, workshops, conferences and other events relating to the Fund;
- Assist the Projects Development Officer in the day-to-day operations of the Fund; ensuring that related disbursements to the Fund are submitted in time and in compliance to the Regulations governing the Fund;
- Assist the Projects Development Officer in preparing monthly, quarterly and ad hoc progress reports especially financial management reports.
- Assist in monitoring the execution of the procurement plan and maintain a database on the status of procurement of goods and services done under the Fund;
- Assist in monitoring the progress and timeliness of consultancies and assist the Projects Development Officer in managing them in accordance with the EAC reporting guideline and the requisite contracts. Prepare reports or minutes for various activities of the Fund and at each stage of each consultancy in accordance with the EAC reporting guideline;
- Assist in preparation and facilitation of the Fund’s audits;
- Maintain fixed asset register for the Fund;
- Maintain financial documentation and records; and
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Projects Development Officer
- Diploma in Business related field such as Business Administration, Project Management, or any related field;
- Minimum 3 years relevant working experience, at least 1 of which should be in Donor funded projects.
- Working knowledge of accounting systems, event planning and organisation, project administration with executive secretariat skills/experience, public relations,
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deliver on the set deadlines
- Working knowledge of procurement procedures as applied by international organizations and major development partners.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment.
- Dynamic, innovative, flexible, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication & analytical skills.
Lake Victoria Basin Commission Secretariat,
P. O. Box 1510-40100