Laboratory Technologists and Database Administrator Jobs in Kenya – Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2008 accreditation, ISO 15189:2007 accreditation for laboratory services and is moving towards Joint Commission International Accreditation.
Overall Responsibility:: Reporting to the Laboratory Technologist in – charge, the successful candidate will perform phlebotomy, prepare documentation, maintain sample processing records and ensure timely performance of laboratory investigations and dispatch of results.
Key Result Areas
- Laboratory testing.
- Sample referral for outsourced testing.
- Timely release of results for tests done in – house and outsourced.
- Efficient use of laboratory resources.
- Compliance with Health and Safety requirements in the laboratory by maintaining high standards of hygiene and general cleanliness in the work area.
- Compliance with SANAS requirements for ISO 15189:2007 accreditation, JCIA requirements and local regulations.
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences from a recognized institution.
- Minimum two years working experience in a busy medical laboratory.
- Excellent knowledge of laboratory operations and procedures.
- Knowledge and experience in hematology, biochemistry and microbiology.
- Ability to write and review SOPs.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge and experience in ISO 15189 Standard is desirable.
- Possession of a Phlebotomy certificate will be an added advantage.
- Registration with the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board with a current practice license is mandatory.
- Maintain oracle database to support applications.
- Ensure database security and performance.
- Recommend and document ways of integrating application systems to archive optimal results.
- Implement relevant system upgrades and new installations.
- Recommend and implement necessary tools that enhance system performance, integrity and administration.
- Ensure availability of databases backups as per set policies.
- Perform regular database maintenance to ensure optimum performance and data integrity.
- Identify application initiatives, which can be created for better efficiency and process controls within the organization.
- Understand the business requirements and be part of team to implement in house / Third party software.
- Ensure smooth running of the in-house developed/ Third party software.
- Write simple and complex SQL queries.
- Develop reports in crystal.
- Undertake any other IT initiatives identified by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Business Information Systems.
- Certified Oracle Database Administrator.
- Minimum 2 years experience in supporting Oracle databases.
- Proficiency in MS word and MS excel.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills and be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Previous working experience in a hospital environment is preferable.
The Human Resources Department
Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu
P.O. Box 530-40100