Laboratory Business General Manager Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 30, 2014
Our Client is a leading animal health company in East Africa that is dedicated to deliver high quality products and solutions for livestock and crop farmers.
They are the principal supplier of tried and trusted brands in animal and crop sectors that are of high quality with a strong countrywide distribution channel covering Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Burundi and Rwanda.
Our client would like to fill the position of a General Manager – Laboratory Business.
The General Manager will be responsible for managing the day to day performance and operations of the laboratory delivering a cost effective, process efficient and timely output in support of clients while adhering to quality standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing, monitoring and evaluating the mechanism for ensuring the implementation of the company’s strategic plan and achievement of laboratory’s performances targets in terms of profitability, cost management and revenue generation.
- Evaluates, develops and implements laboratory process and system improvement initiatives to include industry best practices.
- Responsible for the development and monitoring the performance of the laboratory personnel by providing leadership towards achieving team goals and financial targets.
- Responsible for developing effective, professional work relationship, integration and utilization of the laboratory team with the sales team.
- Manages the planning and scheduling of the laboratory operations and output through staff and equipment utilization and operational excellence for quality output.
- Manage laboratory productivity and performance achieving operating expense budget targets and other KPI’s as assigned.
- Conducts one-on-one review with all staff to build more effective communications to understand the training and development needs.
- Responsible for preparation and distribution of consolidated monthly and weekly reporting process for management, financial reporting and any other company communications processes as required.
- Ensure compliance with safety initiatives and enforcement, calibration program, internal quality audits, preventative maintenance, KPI metrics, purchasing and any other projects.
- Developing and facilitating capacity building of staff to achieve optimal performance and motivational levels.
- Determining and coordinating the reporting and communication requirements and review the financial and operational reports.
- Identifying, implementing and benchmarking for best practices and standards in business management.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining and updating strategy plans with senior management.
- Manage the implementation of multi laboratory operations guidelines, procedures, policies, rules, and regulations, and monitors compliance.
- Researching and analysing new business opportunities and managing the development of these opportunities with stakeholders while keeping abreast with the market trends.
- Managing key external stakeholders and business relationships that relate to company’s strategy and growth.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry or its equivalent from a recognized university.
- 7- 10 years of commercial or scientific laboratory experience in a multinational organization or a research center.
- An MBA will be an added advantage.
- Has extensively undertaken broad scientific research and publication.
- Proven experience in wet chemistry, bacteriology, virology, food and dairy hygiene.
- Extensive experience in laboratory testing of food and milk samples.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, and Outlook)
Required Skills and Key Competencies
- Financial Management skills.
- Strong analytical skills to identify trends in laboratory proficiencies and competencies.
- Strong people leadership skills to develop and drive performance teams.
- Proven analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Strong qualitative and analytical skills, logical and objective.
- High level of business intelligence and technical skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
How to apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please send a copy of your updated resume, your current salary and benefits package to [email protected] before close of business 30th January 2014.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.