Kuehne + Nagel – Oil & Gas Jobs in Nairobi Kenya
Category: Oil and Gas Jobs in Kenya
Posted: May 31, 2013
Kuehne + Nagel Oil & Gas Manager Job in Nairobi Kenya
Kuehne + Nagel Ltd is one of the world’s leading logistics group with about 63,000 employees stationed at over 1000 locations in over 100 countries worldwide and are skilled in all forms of global transport by sea, air, overland and in providing high quality integrated logistics services.
Kuehne + Nagel is headquartered in Schindellegi, Switzerland.
Kuehne + Nagel seeks to recruit a highly competent and self-driven individual to fill in the following position in our Oil & Gas Department in Nairobi.
Oil & Gas Manager – Oil & Gas Department, Nairobi
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the customer’s management.
- Capable of developing the business.
- One face to the customer contact person for all contract and operational matters.
- Take responsibility and coordinate actions between respective Kuehne + Nagel operations globally with respect to problem solutions, improvement activities.
- Retain customer business and improve contractual conditions leading to increased profitability.
- Enhance existing customer business by offering additional services.
- Align customer KPI requirements, secure comprehensive and correct reporting by Kuehne + Nagel operations, report KPI’s to customer, initiate corrective actions on Kuehne + Nagel and customer side
- Organise regular meetings with the client and relevant operations staff to report performance and receive an update from client on challenges and future plans.
- Drive proactive continuous improvement process
- Monitor regularly major P/L related developments as T/O, GP, NP1, NP2.
- Update business developers on operational performance status.
- Cross-sell Kuehne + Nagel services.
- Develop and implement account plans for client.
- Drive proactive suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Maintain close communication with customer and Kuehne + Nagel’s operations team to ensure uniform understanding of customer expectations relative to operational solutions, timeline, costs and results.
- Enforce SOP introduction and compliance.
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- Degree in Business Management/Logistics.
- Knowledge and experience in both air and sea import processes in Kenya
- Previous managerial experience with some accounting knowledge.
- Qualifications in International freight for both air and sea
- Knowledge of the Oil & Gas industry & Dangerous goods handling will be an added advantage
- Excellent leadership, communication and team motivator.
- Computer literate
Qualified candidates should send their applications including a cover letter complete with a detailed updated CV, passport size photograph, certificates and testimonials, three referees with their contacts and your daytime telephone contact to the address below.
Applications should be addressed to;
The Human Resource Manager
Kuehne + Nagel Ltd
P. O. Box 69979
to reach us on or before 7th June 2013.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.