KPMG Kenya – Sales and Marketing Kenya
KPMG Kenya – Sales and Marketing Kenya
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Sales and Marketing will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing the sales and marketing business strategy and activities in order to meet the Company’s objectives for business retention, growth and profitability. The job holder will oversee the Sales and Marketing activities; and provide leadership and expertise to deliver efficient and focused sales and marketing strategies, in order to achieve the Company’s strategy, growth and profit objectives. The Head of Sales and Marketing will be in charge of directing marketing operations, sales operations and ensure customer retention.
Strategic planning and implementation
- Lead the development and implementation of the Company’s marketing strategy ensuring alignment to the overall business plan to sustain business growth and profitability.
- Formulate business strategies responsive to changes in market environment.
- Formulate and implement the public relations, branding and customer service strategy that will portray a good image of the company at all times and enhance customer service standards.
- Reporting and representation of the sales and marketing function in senior management and board committees.
Sales and Marketing Management
- Review and approve regional sales and marketing activities to ensure attainment of business plan objectives.
- Monitor the business, sales and activity plans in line with the approved budget.
- Monitor competitor activities for competitive advantage.
- Accountable for market analysis, brand support and positioning.
- Review business investment proposals from the regions, in liaison with the management team.
- Provide leadership in sales and product portfolio extension or reduction to meet profitability targets in the following lines of business:-
- Non Retail Business
- LPG Bulk and cylinder Business
- Lubricants Business
- Retail network expansion and optimisation
Client Relationship Management
- Lead the sales and marketing team to achieve customer retention by providing efficient customer service.
Human Capital Management
- Provide leadership and ensure efficient and effective management of staff to ensure departmental targets are achieved.
- Engage, develop, deploy and retain talented staff including completing performance appraisals and personal development effectively and on time in accordance with the established performance management system.
- Formulate and plan the department’s annual budget within the context of the Company’s overall budget.
- Develop, implement and monitor the sales and marketing (income and expenditure) budget to ensure it is within approved limits.
- Provide accurate financial information for the sales and marketing department to senior management to monitor performance.
- Ensure that all consumer and network sales, debtors and margins meet budgeted targets.
- Continuously update website information to ensure it is relevant.
- Ensure safe and proper custody and maintenance of company assets at the retail and consumer outlets.
Desired Skills & Experience
Academic and professional qualifications
- A Bachelors degree in Business, Marketing or related fields.
- Professional qualifications in Sales and Marketing and/or a Masters degree in Business, Marketing or related fields is an added advantage.
Experience and other requirements
- At least seven (7) years of sales and marketing experience; three (3) of which should be in a management position;
- A minimum of two (2) years sales and marketing experience in Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG); Experience in the Kenyan petroleum industry shall be added advantage.
- Experience in managing budgets effectively, financial management, setting up effective metrics and business processes;
- Leadership experience in sales and marketing management with a thorough knowledge of marketing principles, product or service management, sales and business development, along with a demonstrated track record of success and performance;
- Analytical skills and ability to interpret sales performance and market trend information
- Proven ability and experience managing and leading high performance sales and marketing teams;
- Proven ability to work as part of a senior management team to develop and implement sales and marketing strategy for the Company in line with the overall strategic goals of the Company;
- The ability to understand changing market dynamics, translating them into an actionable strategy and implementing the strategy to achieve pre-set objectives as determined by the sales and marketing plan; and
- Demonstrated strong commercial acumen and a deep understanding of the strategic marketing and selling process.
Core technical competencies
- Strategic planning
- Strong sales and marketing skills
- Strong budget management and monitoring skills
- People management
Core behavioural competencies
- Strategic thinking
- Systems thinking
- Awareness of the external environment
- Initiating change
- Quality focus
- Teamwork focus
- People Resource focus
- Organisational learning focus
- Creating a personal impact
- Giving leadership
- Promoting development of others
- Decision making
- Contributing specialist knowledge
- Managing performance
- Analysing situations
Our client is a fully fledged oil company based in Kenya with growing network of service stations and commercial customers. It has affiliates in East & Central African countries and envisions being the leading provider of choice for energy solutions for Africa. The company’s product portfolio covers a wide range of high quality petroleum products that include Fuels, LPG, Lubricants, Bitumen amongst others. Our client is seeking to recruit a high calibre, results oriented, experienced and highly skilled professional as the Head of Sales and Marketing for Kenya.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Sales and Marketing will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing the sales and marketing business strategy and activities in order to meet the Company’s objectives for business retention, growth and profitability. The job holder will oversee the Sales and Marketing activities and provide leadership and expertise to deliver efficient and focused sales and marketing strategies, in order to achieve the Company’s strategy, growth and profit objectives. S/he will be in charge of directing marketing operations, sales operations and ensure customer retention.
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related fields. Professional qualifications in Sales and Marketing and/or a Masters degree in Business, Marketing or related fields is an added advantage. S/he should possess: proven ability and experience of managing and leading high performance sales and marketing teams; be innovative and have ability to understand changing market dynamics, translating this into an actionable strategy. Relevant experience gained in the Oil Industry shall be an added advantage.
If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity, please write in confidence quoting the position title and reference number on the subject of the email or cover letter on or before 14th June 2013. A detailed job profile can be accessed at www.kpmg.com/eastafrica. Applications including your curriculum vitae, a working e-mail address, daytime telephone contacts, qualifications, experience, present position, current remuneration, names and addresses of three referees should be emailed to [email protected]