Kitui County Public Service Board Deputy Secretary and Kitui West Deputy Sub-County Administrator Jobs in Kenya
Kitui County Public Service Board
The Kitui County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions
- Organize and coordinate Board meetings.
- Circulate preliminary notices and agendas for Board meetings in consultation with Board Chairman and Secretary.
- Ensure Board files are compiled and dispatched to Members before meetings are held.
- Maintain and distribute accurate minutes of the Board meetings to the Members.
- Ensure that resolutions and action points from Board meetings are circulated to affected County Ministries or individuals within the stipulated timeframe.
- Record proceedings of Board retreats and other external meetings
- Be the custodian of the Board’s records
- Make regular reports for submission to the County Assembly on the execution of the Boards functions
- Circulate preliminary notices for meetings of committees of the Board, in consultation with respective Committee Chairpersons.
- Ensure Board Committee files are compiled and dispatched to Members before meetings are held.
- Maintain and distribute accurate minutes of the Committee meetings to Members.
- Ensure action points from Board committee meetings are circulated to the relevant County Ministries or individuals and responses received for tabling to the full Board.
- Proactively guide the Board on all legal matters affecting its functions
- Ensure adherence and compliance to legislation, including subsidiary legislation in the form of Rules, Gazette notices, Regulations etc relating to CPSB functions.
- Advise on Agreements, contracts and other Board commitments.
- Review the Board’s legal documentation e.g. letters of offer or any other security documentation to ensure the Board’s interests are well protected.
- Proactively review any changes in legislation, thereafter forwarding the same regularly in the form of legal updates to the Board for information, action and compliance.
- Appearing as a witness where matters related to the Board are contested in court
- Be the accounting officer of the CPSB to oversee the management of finances, preparation and submission of the board’s annual plans, programmes estimates and budgets
- Facilitating the recruitment process in Kitui County and Preparing guiding notes to the Selection Board
- Supervise, plan, assign, monitor and appraise the work of the Secretariat staff
- Processing promotions and acting appointments of county public officers
- Preparing briefs on disciplinary cases received in the county and tabling them before the Board decision making
- Preparing briefs on appeals and applications for review to be considered by the Board
- Assist the Board in enhancing its Corporate Governance Policy and ensuring compliance throughout the County.
- Maintain custody and control of the Board’s statutory books, minute books, various registers/records and the Board seal.
- Reviews and updates the Board’s website and manuals as necessary.
- Custodian of Board confidential information accessed as part of Job performance
- Handling correspondence to and from the Board
- Ensuring conformity and compliance to HR policies, procedures, guidelines and regulations; and Articles 10 and 232 on values and principles of Public Service
- Handling Board transport and logistical matters
- Perform any other relevant duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Be a certified public secretary of good professional standing.
- Be in possession a first degree from a university recognized in Kenya preferably in Human Resource, Administration, and Law. A masters degree is an added advantage
- Have a working experience of not less than ten (10) years, Five (5) of which must have been senior level
- Satisfy the requirements of chapter 6 of the constitution
- Demonstrable Proficiency in Computer proficiency
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Be a holder of at least a relevant Bachelors degree from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Working experience of not less than seven (7) years; five (5) of which MUST have been in senior leadership Position.
- Have qualifications and knowledge in administration or management;
- A Masters degree will be an added advantage;
- Membership to a Professional Association/body will be an added advantage
- Proficient in Computer applications
- Coordinating the management and supervision of general administrative functions;
- Developing polices and plans;
- Ensuring effective service delivery;
- Coordinating developmental activities to empower the community;
- Providing and maintaining infrastructure and facilities of the Sub County Public Service;
- Managing the Sub-County Public Service;
- Facilitating and coordinating Officers’ participation in the development of policies and plans and delivery of service;
- Exercising any functions and powers delegated by the County Public Service Board.
County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 33-90200