Kisumu Local Interaction Platform (KLIP) Coordinator Job in Kenya
The current key stakeholders include City of Kisumu, Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology, Maseno University, the Private Sector and Civil Society. KLIP has received funding from Mistra Urban Futures of Chalmers University of Technology towards carrying out programme activities, namely: Ecotourism and Market Places within Kisumu City and its environs.
- Overseeing the operations of KLIP Secretariat including office management, coordination of meetings and functions
- Preparing research concept notes for evaluation and peer review
- Processing research proposals accepted for funding
- Administering the research projects
- Making use of the most available technology and social networks to innovate around sustainable urban development
- Adding to the existing knowledge of sustainable urban development in a collaborative way
- Creating a vehicle for systematically organising contributions on sustainable urban development and linking knowledge generators, creators and the respective knowledge consumers.
- Implementing the projects under the guidance of Director KLIP
- Masters degree in Project Planning and Management or related field, with wide knowledge and experience in urban matters, governance, socio-economic development, natural resource management, food security, climate change management, and communication.
- At least five year’s experience in similar position or assignment.
- Knowledge in project proposals development and fund raising.
- Ability in establishing and sustaining networks
Kisumu Local Interaction Platform
C/o Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology
Box 210-40601, Bondo, Kenya