Kimetrica Head of Research and Advisory Services Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Feb 27, 2014
Kimetrica Vacancy Announcement: Head of Research and Advisory Services
Revised 25th February 2014 for immediate recruitment
Company Profile: Kimetrica’s mission is to improve the quality and accountability of service delivery in the non-profit sector.
We do this through the provision of monitoring and evaluation products and services, including M&E software, evaluations, training, and advisory support, working at corporate, policy and at project levels.
We have offices in Ethiopia, Kenya, South Africa, Moldova, and the US.
Position Summary: The objective of the position is to lead the Research and Advisory (R&A) Service on a path to becoming the primary global provider of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and Disaster Risk Management (DRM) services.
In the context of rapid company growth and working with a young and highly talented team, the Head of R&A, will provide strategic direction to and overall management of the implementation of Kimetrica’s R&A services.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Oversee the five core R&A business areas (Survey, Analysis, M&E Systems, Strategic Advisory and Reporting)
- Advise project managers on design, strategy and tactics for all current M&E and DRM projects
- Develop and rollout quality assurance standards for all Kimetrica R&A products and services
- Oversee the management of M&E projects, research and advisory contracts and projects
- Oversee the development of analytical tools for M&E and DRM
- Contribute to research and advisory products, e.g., evaluations and strategic frameworks
- Build strategic alliances with research institutions and private companies to strengthen our international capacity and profile
- Develop key client relations and bring in new clients for Kimetrica and provide technical inputs on bids and proposals to Kimetrica’s business development team
- At least 5 years experience in management consulting or international development
- Extensive international work experience in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of quantitative and qualitative techniques
- Creative and strong strategic and tactical thinking
- Postgraduate qualification in economics, public health or related from a top university
- Willingness to travel for short periods
- Strong English language communications skills, spoken and written
- Strong project management skills and leadership qualities
- Strong inter-personal skills with an ability to persuade, build professional partnerships and communicate complex concepts to mixed audiences
- Econometric and economic modelling skills and cost-benefit analysis
- Legal right to reside and work in Kenya
- Experience in disaster risk management
- Research publication history and academic profile
Terms and Conditions:
- Highly competitive salary package
- Full health insurance
- One month vacation per year
- Pension and investment benefits
- Opportunities to pursue research interests and academic study
- Fun, friendly and stimulating working environment
- Based in Kenya or with frequent travel to Kenya
- Regular global travel for trips of up to 2 weeks
- Major opportunities for career growth and on-the-job learning
- Opportunities for flexible hours and working from home on agreed days
- Sensitivity to child care and other family commitments
To apply, please send cover letter and CV to [email protected]
Please put in the subject line of your e-mail: Head of R&A Service.
We will contact only eligible candidates to further discuss their availability.