Kimetrica Data Quality & Information Management Specialist Job in Nairobi, Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 23, 2013
Data Quality & Information Management Specialist
Evaluation Management Unit for the Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund
Company Profile: Kimetrica’s mission is to improve the quality and accountability of service delivery in the non-profit sector through the provision technical support in monitoring and evaluation, baseline and impact surveys, evaluations, training, and performance management information systems.
Our clients include USAID, DfID, European Union, World Bank, and many international and local NGOs. Our commercial web-based performance management system, called ki-projects, is used by 100s of organizations around the world for monitoring and evaluation and performance management.
As part of a team, the Data Quality & Information Management Specialist will provide assistance in instituting M&E and Evaluation best practices and provide technical assistance in data collection, quality and usage.
Specific tasks may include:
- Contribute to the evaluation design and implementation of mid-term and impact evaluations
- Conduct regular reviews of M&E data for both quality control and use in evaluation activities
- Ensure that information systems are in place to collect data on all evaluation indicators for both M&E an evaluation processes
- Monitor data quality through the processes of collection, collation, storage, analysis, and reporting, ensuring that data is audit worth
- Where problems exist, support the identification and implementation of solutions
- Conduct data quality training for partner staff
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience with evaluation and research design, data collection and analysis, indicator construction, and computer software, i.e., MS Office, SPSS or other statistical analysis package
- Minimum three years of experience in the design and implementation of large impact assessments, familiarity with DCED standards a plus
- Strong understanding of quantitative and qualitative evaluation methodologies, surveys, and econometric/statistical analysis
- Experience of working on evaluations of private sector activities, including challenge funds management programmes.
- Experience with evaluations and impact reporting to donors and to project managers
- Strong analytical, writing and training skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Work experience in Kenya and Africa
- Bachelor Degree in related field, Masters preferred in statistics, research methods, political science, development or related field
Location and Terms: The position is based in Nairobi, Kenya with frequent regional travel.
To apply, please send cover letter and CV to [email protected]
Please put in the subject line of your e-mail: Data Quality and Information Management Specialist.
We will contact only eligible candidates to further discuss their availability.
Closing Date 15 January 2014