KickStart International HR and Admin Assistant Job in Nairobi Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 9, 2013
KickStart International prides itself in being an award-winning, global nonprofit social enterprise that develops and mass- markets low-cost irrigation solutions that are bought by thousands of small-holder farmers in developing countries and used to increase their income by up to a factor of ten, enabling them to lift themselves sustainably out of poverty.
Vacancy: HR and Admin Assistant
Function: Human Resources and Administration
Location: KickStart HQ Office – Nairobi
Role Purpose: The position of HR and Admin Assistant is responsible for providing quality and efficient HR and Admin support to the Kickstart team based in Nairobi:
Scope of Role:
Reports to: Director HR and Admin
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
Works with: All teams
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Support the HR Director in all aspects of HR Management involving Human resource planning, employee resourcing/recruitment, compensation, benefits and rewards, employee development program, performance management, employee discipline management, employee relations, employee welfare etc. Come up with initiatives or project which ensure that these processes are well working/functioning in KS.
- Manage statutory deductions (NHIF, NSSF, PAYE). Ensure that all records for these deductions are upto date and facilitate the registration of new staff to the schemes. Ensure the payments are done on time and the quarterly reports are well prepared and submitted as appropriate.
- Manage the HR Base in the HURIS system. It includes updating employee information with new details, registration of new employee and inactivating exits data
- Manage leave data for all types of leave on HURIS and as well keep support out of the system information for all annual leave balances showing the financial liability for each employee. Produce quarterly leave utilization reports and circulate to line managers.
- With the Admin Coordinator manage the staff insurance covers. These include the staff medical insurance, the staff Group life, Group personal accident, Director and Office’s Liability Cover. Manages all staff related insurances and the medical scheme claims plus concerns ensuring that new staff are enlisted with accurate filled forms. Follow up on insurance utilization reports and as well prepare cost analysis during renewals.
- Provide guidance to staff on KickStart HR policies, procedures and employment legislation ensuring compliance to policies, employment law as well as fairness, consistency and equity in treatment in the application.
- Manages staffing activities within the country program with a focus on diversity
- Ensure personnel files (casuals, contracts, and temporary staff) are updated and all documents filled on a weekly basis. Set up an easy retrievable filling system for HR files including general files. Keep a contract tracking records for all staff on end date, confirmations as well as renewal records. Ensure that all staff records are upto date with all the staff information well filed.
- Custodian of policies / contracts and must ensure that all policies relating to insurance, contracts of suppliers and service providers are well filled and kept and upto date safe.
- Preparing standard letters for staff by providing for staff general letters such as bank opening letters, certificates of services, passport letters, and other standard letters as required by staff within the limits of the operating principles
- Recruitment and orientation for junior staff by ensuring that recruitment procedures are followed. Prepare a staff induction programme for all new staff and ensure that all new staff are well inducted
- Manage HELB deductions by ensuring that all staff who qualify to pay for HELB fill in the forms, HELB provides the schedules and deductions are taking place.
- Manage staff contracts and send reminders to supervisors when contracts are due to end for their staff
- Support staff training and staff development process by offering support in sourcing for training companies to offer training services to our staff and ensuring that we make use of our DIT subscriptions by making the appropriate claims for all trainings.
- Manage Pension Scheme matters by ensuring that staff complete pension forms when joining the company and also follow up with insurance on pension issues such as certificates, complaints.
- Assist the Administration team in managing administration related roles when required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma or Higher Diploma in Human Resources Management. Management related qualification will be an added advantage
- At least one (1) year’s HR experience in a similar role within a busy context preferably from an NGO
- Good spoken and written English and Kiswahili
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work in a multi-cultural context
- Ability to plan and priorities work
- High level of confidentiality and integrity
- A good understanding of HR operations
- Good knowledge of the Kenya Employment Legislation
- Knowledge of Computers and use of office equipment.
- Planning, organizational and analytical skills and a team player
- Must have in depth knowledge of HR Management Information System
- Hands on and self-driven
- Proven ability to handle challenging work load
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills.
- Commitment to KickStart’s core values
Skills and Behaviours
- Skills in building and maintaining relationship
- Cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity
If you feel you are the right candidate for this job, please send your CV and Cover letter to [email protected] quoting the position title on the subject line by COB Tuesday 10th December 2013.
See www.KickStart.org for more information