Kenyatta University Deputy Vice Chancelor – Job Re – Advertisement
Category: University Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Aug 31, 2013
Kenyatta University Deputy Vice – Chancellor (Finance and Development Division) Job Re – Advertisement
Re – Advertisement
The University wishes to appoint a scholar with high credentials for the position of a Deputy Vice – Chancellor (Finance and Development Division)
The Deputy Vice – Chancellor shall be expected to be innovative and visionary with the ability to play a leading role in the management of Finance among other responsibilities.
- Be at least an Associate Professor with an earned Ph. D degree from a recognized university
- Must have at least five (5) years experience ¡n a senior academic or management position
- Must have served as Chairperson of a Department, Dean of School, Principal of a College or Director of a Centre
- Have a good internationally recognized record of scholarship
- Have experience, knowledge and skills in academic, administrative and financial management preferably from an institution of higher learning
- Have capacity to promote learning, teaching and research in a university
- Have knowledge and skills in designing and implementing financial and physical projects
- Be of the highest ethical standards and professionalism
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provision of sound administration of University finances
- Planning and Development of the University facilities
- Maintenance of university facilities
- Promotion of good management in Catering and Accommodation services
- Follow up of strategic and vision plan
- Any other duties as may be delegated by the Vice-Chancellor
Terms and Conditions of Service:
The terms and conditions for the post of Deputy Vice—Chancellor are on a five (5) year contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and have a competitive remuneration package which includes basic salary, generous house allowance, non — contributory medical cover as per the university scheme, leave allowance and official transport.
The application letter should give full details of educational and professional qualification, work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address.
Copies of certificates and testimonials should also be enclosed giving the names and addresses of three (3) referees who are conversant with the applicant’s competence in area of specialization.
Applicants are requested to ask their referees to send written recommendations directly to the Vice-Chancellor.
The applicants should give the referees a copy of the advertisement for information and reference.
The applicants and referees should write to:
P.O. Box 43844 – 00100
P.O. Box 43844 – 00100
Applications and letters from the referees should be received not later than Friday, 1 3th September 2013
Those who have already applied need not reapply.
The advertisement can also be found on our website:www.ku.ac.ke
Female Professors are encouraged to apply
Kenyatta University is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.