Kenya Wildlife Service Job Vacancies – Helicopter Pilots
Posted: Aug 29, 2013
Kenya Wildlife Service Helicopter Pilots Job Vacancies in Naivasha
Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS) is a State Corporation whose responsibility is to manage and conserve wildlife in Kenya.
The Service seeks to recruit dynamic, innovative and experienced individuals to fill the following positions at its Headquarters, Airwing and Training Institute in Naivasha.
Two (2) Posts
Reporting to the Chief Pilot the overall responsibility for the successful candidate will be to undertake aerial surveillance for effective provision of wildlife management services.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Flying KWS helicopters.
- Participating in security operations.
- Participating in aerial wildlife management activities –darting of animals & census.
- Training other pilots
- Any other duty assigned by the Chief Pilot.
- Must be a Kenyan citizen.
- Must be in possession of Commercial Helicopter Flying License (CPL) or above.
- Minimum 1000 hours Gas Turbine helicopters.
- Must be ready to cope with off base field operations.
- Must be in possession of minimum academic qualification of KCSE –C+ or “O” level KCE – Div. II.
- Must be ready to undertake a mandatory paramilitary conversion course if not an ex-uniformed officer.
- Additional advantages if;
- Rated in both 206 and 407 models
- Training in Air Operations safety
- Basic degree will be an added advantage
- Possession of valid certificate of Good Conduct obtained from the CID
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their applications enclosing copies of their academic and professional certificates, copy of ID card, detailed CV indicating work experience, current remuneration and employer, daytime telephone contact – both office and mobile, names, addresses and emails of three (3) referees either in soft to [email protected]
or hard copy to the address below not later than Thursday 12th September, 2013.
Kenya Wildlife Service
P. O. Box 40241 – 00100
Please note that KWS is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews and any form of canvassing for above positions will lead to automatic disqualification