Kenya Wildlife Service Corporation – Secretary Job Vacancy Naivasha
Kenya Wildlife Service Corporation Secretary Job Vacancy in Naivasha
Reporting to the Director, the overall responsibility will be to ensure effective and efficient management of corporate affairs and compliance with enabling legal matters and other relevant legislations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Advising the board and management on all legal matters.
- Ensuring that the corporation complies with statutory and other regulatory requirements.
- Coordinating external panel of lawyers representing the Service in Court and arbitrations as may be required.
- Coordinating all litigations in liaison with the Attorney General’s Chambers, Government Ministries and external lawyers.
- Safeguarding of corporation interests matters affecting the Service.
- Drawing and processing legal notices and other gazettements that are issued under the requirements of the Wildlife (Conservation and Management) Act.
- Preparing Board business and maintaining proper records of Board’s proceedings
- Keeping safe custody of Corporate Seal and security documents.
- Preparing and vetting of contracts.
- Coordinating the review of laws, by-laws and regulations relating to the Service
- Supervising, appraising and ensuring appropriate training of staff in the department.
- Performing any other duties that may be assigned by the Board and management from time to time.
- Bachelor of laws degree from a recognized institution.
- Master’s degree in Law
- Post-graduate Diploma in Law
- Advocate of the High Court.
- CPS (K)
- Report writing, communication, interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and IT skills.
- Must be a member of a recognized professional body.
- Minimum of five (5) years working experience in a similar institution.
- Possession of valid Certificate of Good Conduct obtained from the CID
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their applications enclosing copies of their academic and professional certificates, copy of ID card, detailed CV indicating work experience, current remuneration and employer, daytime telephone contact – both office and mobile, names, addresses and emails of three (3) referees either in soft to [email protected] or hard copy to the address below not later than Thursday 12th September, 2013.
Kenya Wildlife Service
P. O. Box 40241 – 00100
Please note that KWS is an equal opportunity employer.