Kenya Utalii College Public Relations and Corporate Communications Head Job Vacancy
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 20, 2014
Kenya Utalii College is a State Corporation established under the Tourism Act 2011, responsible for developing a highly qualified human resource base for the Hospitality and Tourism industry through training, research, consultancy and related services.
The college now seeks to hire key staff to strengthen its operations in the following position:-
Head, Public Relations and Corporate Communications
Reporting to the Principal, the incumbent will be responsible for promotion of the corporate image of the College.
- Developing and implementing the corporate brand;
- Developing and managing the corporate communications strategy;
- Execution of the media relations plans which are in line with the College’s strategic interests;
- Liaison with public offices and partners to identify common themes to communicate the College’s agenda;
- Management of the relationship with the media houses and news organizations;
- Continuous development of material for current social media networking platforms;
- Regular updating of the information on the website and College newsletter;
- Coordination of press release.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor of Mass Communication or Public Relations degree or related field from a recognized university with ten (10) years relevant working experience, three (3) of which should be at a senior level (a Masters degree in the relevant area will have an added advantage);
- Post graduate diploma in Public Relations, Mass Communication or any other relevant field;
- Member of good standing of a relevant professional body;
- Good interpersonal, oral, written and communication skills;
- Creativity and innovativeness;
- Experience in social media platforms and web content management systems;
- Ability to work independently;
- Attention to detail and exceptionally high level of accuracy.
Written applications accompanied by certified Copies of Certificates and Curriculum Vitae giving details of current employment and remuneration package should be addressed in confidence to:
Kenya Utalii College
P. O. Box 31052 – 00600
Should be received not later than: 30th January 2014
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews
Kenya Utalii College is a corruption free zone and an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification