Kenya Utalii College Human Resources Manager Job Vacancy
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 20, 2014
Kenya Utalii College is a State Corporation established under the Tourism Act 2011, responsible for developing a highly qualified human resource base for the Hospitality and Tourism industry through training, research, consultancy and related services.
The college now seeks to hire key staff to strengthen its operations in the following position:-
Human Resources Manager
Reporting to the Principal, the Human Resources Manager will be responsible for Planning, coordinating and implementing the human resource and administration policies, strategies, systems and processes aligned to college objectives.
- Ensuring correct interpretation and implementation of human resource policies, rules and regulations, including those related to pensions, salaries, labour laws and other statutes relating to human resource;
- Conduct a regular and comprehensive functional review and staff audit and provide a strategic direction on its appropriateness;
- Ensure the development of appropriate administration structures to ensure optimum utilization of staff;
- Oversee the implementation of an effective human resource management information system for monitoring, tracking and evaluating employees activities;
- Benefits administration as well as employee relations aimed at staff morale, increasing productivity and enhancing organizational effectiveness;
- Lead and facilitate change management and implement leadership, management and staff development programs for efficient service delivery;
- Maintain manpower, succession, and development plans for talent and critical staff to support business plans;
- Advising on proper recruitment, deployment, staff performance, and career progression;
- Making appropriate recommendations and proposals on human resource planning and succession management;
- Enforcing safety and security procedures and measures;
- Guiding, mentoring and supervision of staff under him/her.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Masters degree in Human Resource, or business with a specialization in human resource from a university recognized in Kenya;
- A diploma/Higher Diploma in human resource management or CPS (K);
- Minimum ten (10) years relevant working experience three (3) of which must be at a senior management level;
- A member of good standing with the Institute of Human Resource Management or other recognized professional bodies;
- Working experience with HRMIS.
- Demonstrated outstanding professional competence in human resource management issues;
- Team player, result oriented, possess strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Conversant with the Kenya Labour Laws;
- Proficiency in Ms office computer applications.
Written applications accompanied by certified Copies of Certificates and Curriculum Vitae giving details of current employment and remuneration package should be addressed in confidence to:
Kenya Utalii College
P. O. Box 31052 – 00600
Should be received not later than: 30th January 2014
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews
Kenya Utalii College is a corruption free zone and an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification