Kenya Utalii College Gym Instructors Job Vacancies
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 20, 2014
Kenya Utalii College is a State Corporation established under the Tourism Act 2011, responsible for developing a highly qualified human resource base for the Hospitality and Tourism industry through training, research, consultancy and related services.
The college now seeks to hire key staff to strengthen its operations in the following position:-
Reporting to the Gym Manager, the incumbent will carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Assess the needs and capabilities of individuals through fitness assessment procedures;
- Advise individuals on the correct methods and use of exercise machines and devices including weights;
- Develop individual exercise programs for individuals based on age and fitness levels;
- Provide instruction in a variety of Fitness activities including non-gym related activities;
- Motivate clients to work to his/her maximum and safe potential for the entire workout;
- Ensure all exercises are done with proper form and technique maximizing on results;
- Help clients develop realistic, attainable goals and continually modifying training objectives.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A Diploma in Gym instruction and Aerobics with (2 years) of experience OR Certificate with (4 years) of experience;
- A Certificate in Exercise to Music;
- A valid First Aid certificate (including CPR);
- Membership to a professional body;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Must have professional ethics in Health Club customer service;
- Excellent customer service skills.
This position shall be held by the successful candidates for a period of 2 (two) years contract renewable, subject to performance.
Written applications accompanied by certified Copies of Certificates and Curriculum Vitae giving details of current employment and remuneration package should be addressed in confidence to:
Kenya Utalii College
P. O. Box 31052 – 00600
Should be received not later than: 30th January 2014
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews
Kenya Utalii College is a corruption free zone and an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification