Kenya Utalii College Financial Controller Job Vacancy
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 20, 2014
Kenya Utalii College is a State Corporation established under the Tourism Act 2011, responsible for developing a highly qualified human resource base for the Hospitality and Tourism industry through training, research, consultancy and related services.
The college now seeks to hire key staff to strengthen its operations in the following position:-
Reporting to the Principal, the incumbent will be responsible to provide leadership in the division, sound management of finances and general supervision of Accounts, Operation Control and Credit Control.
- Installation of sound systems of internal control with specific emphasis on internal checks and internal audit;
- Coordination and preparation of the college’s annual recurrent and capital budgets for presentation to the College Council and Treasury within the stipulated time;
- Preparation of annual accounts for the college for presentation to the College Council within the stipulated period;
- Liaison with the Auditor General Corporations on audit of the College accounts in line with the State Corporations Act;
- Liaison with the various Government and Non-governmental organizations in connection with the costing, billing and receiving of international students fees;
- Provide support and guidance to the Management team in strategically planning the financial requirements of the institution and in the management of their departmental budgets;
- Maintain and ensure accurate financial reports on a timely basis;
- Management and maintenance of assets register;
- Advisory role to the Board on financial issues;
- Providing financial leadership, risk management, reviewing financial performance and ensuring action plans are in place to meet College commitments;
- Providing strategic advice with regards to business initiatives and projects and assisting in the execution of business strategies;
- Ensuring timely and accurate reporting on costs/revenue by cost centre and ensuring regular updating of forecasts in the light of changes in costs and revenue;
- Producing financial statements, reports and analysis to aid in decision making and implementing financial decision.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Masters degree in Accounting and/ or Financial Management, Finance or related field from a recognized university, with ten (10) years relevant working experience, three (3) of which must be at a senior management level;
- CPA (K), ACCA or equivalent;
- A member of good standing with the Institute of Chartered Public Accountants (ICPAK);
- Working experience with ERP’s.
- Good communication Skills;
- Team player;
- Result oriented;
- Excellent analytical skills.
Written applications accompanied by certified Copies of Certificates and Curriculum Vitae giving details of current employment and remuneration package should be addressed in confidence to:
Kenya Utalii College
P. O. Box 31052 – 00600
Should be received not later than: 30th January 2014
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews
Kenya Utalii College is a corruption free zone and an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification