Kenya Utalii College Deputy Principal Job Vacancy
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 20, 2014
Kenya Utalii College is a State Corporation established under the Tourism Act 2011, responsible for developing a highly qualified human resource base for the Hospitality and Tourism industry through training, research, consultancy and related services.
The college now seeks to hire key staff to strengthen its operations in the following position:-
Reporting to the Principal, the incumbent will assist the Principal with the daily running of the College. He/She will be responsible for coordination of administrative and academic matters.
- Direct and organize the administration, financial and human resource aspects of the College;
- Co-ordinate the development and implementation of the academic and administrative policies of the College in accordance with the College Strategic Plan;
- Maintain efficiency and good order of the College and ensure proper enforcement of the Rules and Regulations;
- Provide innovative and creative leadership in the areas of finance, human resources, planning and infrastructural development, students’ affairs management and community linkages;
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Principal and the College Council from time to time.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Masters degree in Hospitality and Tourism or related discipline with at least ten (10) years academic and administrative experience at a senior level (a PhD in either hospitality or Tourism or related field will be an added advantage);
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership in an academic and/or research institution;
- Possess ability to plan, develop and implement institutional administration and development;
- Have proven capacity to promote technical learning, teaching, research and development in either a college or university setting;
- Be familiar with national, regional and global current trends of policies governing hospitality & tourism training and education;
- Have good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- A member of good standing of a recognized professional body;
- Have proven understanding of the ideals of VISION 2030 and MTP II and how they relate to hospitality and tourism.
Written applications accompanied by certified Copies of Certificates and Curriculum Vitae giving details of current employment and remuneration package should be addressed in confidence to:
Kenya Utalii College
P. O. Box 31052 – 00600
Should be received not later than: 30th January 2014
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews
Kenya Utalii College is a corruption free zone and an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification