Kenya Utalii College Chief Supplies Officer Job Vacancy
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 20, 2014
Kenya Utalii College is a State Corporation established under the Tourism Act 2011, responsible for developing a highly qualified human resource base for the Hospitality and Tourism industry through training, research, consultancy and related services.
The college now seeks to hire key staff to strengthen its operations in the following position:-
Chief Supplies Officer
The Chief Supplies Officer will report to the Deputy Principal and will be responsible for effective and efficient management of procurement services for the College, Utalii Hotel and College projects.
- Planning, implementing and reviewing the college’s annual procurement Plan;
- Working with College Management and Departmental heads in developing and reviewing divisional and departmental Plans;
- Ensuring user departments adhere to procurement plans;
- Initiating and facilitating processes to ensure timely delivery of quality goods, works and services;
- Ensuring that the College’s procurement plans are in line with the financial Budgets;
- Ensuring that all College’s procurement and disposals are conducted in accordance with the relevant procurement (legislations, regulations and procedures);
- Preparing agenda for the college’s tender committee and ensuring prompt implementation of its decisions;
- Managing the relationship between the suppliers and the College;
- Supervision and appraisal of staff in the procurement department.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Commerce or Economics or Supplies and Procurement or its equivalent with at least ten (10) years working experience, three (3) of which must be at a senior level in a busy procurement department in a reputable organization(a Masters degree in the relevant area will have an added advantage);
- A Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management or its equivalent;
- Member of relevant professional body with good standing;
- Experience in hospitality industry will be an added advantage;
- Sound knowledge of Public procurement legislations, regulations and procedures.
- Demonstrated personal integrity;
- Management skills :Problem solving , analytical, Attention to essential detail, planning and organizing skills;
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to make critical and timely decisions in a highly sensitive environment;
- Exemplary knowledge of the application of the Public procurement Act;
- Willingness and ability to work long hours.
Written applications accompanied by certified Copies of Certificates and Curriculum Vitae giving details of current employment and remuneration package should be addressed in confidence to:
Kenya Utalii College
P. O. Box 31052 – 00600
Should be received not later than: 30th January 2014
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews
Kenya Utalii College is a corruption free zone and an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification