Kenya Utalii College Chief Records Management Officer I / Archivist Job Vacancy
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 20, 2014
Kenya Utalii College is a State Corporation established under the Tourism Act 2011, responsible for developing a highly qualified human resource base for the Hospitality and Tourism industry through training, research, consultancy and related services.
The college now seeks to hire key staff to strengthen its operations in the following position:-
Chief Records Management Officer I / Archivist
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Chief Records Management Officer I/Archivist will be responsible for effective and efficient management of the College records.
- Develop, plan, implement and monitor records management policies, regulations and procedures;
- Design and implement effective file storage and tracking system for the College;
- Formulate and implement records retention and disposal policy;
- Co-ordinate periodic review and appraisal of dormant College records;
- Prepare and implement Registry work plans and programmes related to records management and monitor their implementation;
- Liaise with national Archives and other professional organizations and bodies on records management issues;
- Provide advice and training to all College departments to ensure effective compliance with agreed record keeping procedures.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor of Information Management Science degree or its equivalent plus at least ten (10) years relevant working experience in a reputable organization, three (3) of which should be at a senior level;
- Diploma in Information Management Science or related discipline;
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Knowledge of modern information management systems and their application
- Membership to relevant professional bodies is necessary.
Written applications accompanied by certified Copies of Certificates and Curriculum Vitae giving details of current employment and remuneration package should be addressed in confidence to:
Kenya Utalii College
P. O. Box 31052 – 00600
Should be received not later than: 30th January 2014
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews
Kenya Utalii College is a corruption free zone and an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification