Kenya Utalii College Chief Maintenance Officer Job Vacancy
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 20, 2014
Kenya Utalii College is a State Corporation established under the Tourism Act 2011, responsible for developing a highly qualified human resource base for the Hospitality and Tourism industry through training, research, consultancy and related services.
The college now seeks to hire key staff to strengthen its operations in the following position:-
Chief Maintenance Officer
Reporting to the Deputy Principal, the Chief Maintenance Officer will be responsible for management and maintenance of all college facilities and equipment.
- Ensure proper standards of maintenance of college properties and facilities;
- Supervise the installation of new technical equipment and ensure operators are well inducted on the use of the equipment;
- Maintain a good record of college equipment, its use and repairs;
- Oversee the management of college fleet;
- Advise on initiation and implementation of infrastructural development in the College.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science (Electrical/Mechanical Engineering) or equivalent from a recognized institution, with eight (8) years relevant working experience, three (3) of which should be at a senior level (a Masters degree in the relevant area will have an added advantage);
- Membership to a relevant professional body.
- Thorough knowledge in management and operation of steam boilers;
- Willingness and ability to work long hours;
- A good organizer with individual leadership skills;
- Team player, high integrity, result oriented, possess strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
Written applications accompanied by certified Copies of Certificates and Curriculum Vitae giving details of current employment and remuneration package should be addressed in confidence to:
Kenya Utalii College
P. O. Box 31052 – 00600
Should be received not later than: 30th January 2014
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews
Kenya Utalii College is a corruption free zone and an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification