Kenya Utalii College Chief Legal Officer Job Vacancy
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 20, 2014
Kenya Utalii College is a State Corporation established under the Tourism Act 2011, responsible for developing a highly qualified human resource base for the Hospitality and Tourism industry through training, research, consultancy and related services.
The college now seeks to hire key staff to strengthen its operations in the following position:-
Chief Legal Officer
Reporting to the Principal, the Chief Legal Officer will be responsible for providing legal counsel to the College and will provide professional legal advice, so as to ensure legal compliance, advice on dispute prevention and resolution and support legal reform initiatives.
He will also be responsible for College Council matters.
- Provide a dependable reference point to the College Council and the Management on policy changes by monitoring the operating environment and offer a legal advisory service that is premised on a platform that is well researched, reasoned and timely;
- Ensure compliance with legislative instruments with regard to contracting, the constitutional framework on the laws setting up the College, dispute resolution and petitions and oversee the provision of legal services to the College in its legal relations, employment, procurement, financial management and projects;
- Develop preventive legal strategies to forestall avoidable disputes, controversies and litigation;
- Ensure that all legal disputes concerning the College are professionally resolved including prosecution and/or defense of the College’s cases;
- Advice the Principal and management in the outsourcing of legal work and other contracted services and ensure that the College obtains value for money;
- Ensure effective and efficient consolidation and dispatch of Council agenda and timely preparation of minutes.
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor of Law (LLB) from a University recognized in Kenya with at least seven (7) years working experience, four (4) of which must be at a senior level in a busy and reputable organization (those in possession of a Masters degree (LLM) will have an added advantage);
- Must be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- A member of LSK of good standing;
- CPS (K).
- Good Computer skills;
- Has demonstrable skills in orientation to detail;
- A good organizer with individual leadership skills;
- Strategic orientation and demonstrates a flair in continuous learning and research;
- An astute communicator in both oral and written communication skills;
- Willingness and ability to work long hours;
- Has had a distinguished career in their respective fields.
Written applications accompanied by certified Copies of Certificates and Curriculum Vitae giving details of current employment and remuneration package should be addressed in confidence to:
Kenya Utalii College
P. O. Box 31052 – 00600
Should be received not later than: 30th January 2014
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews
Kenya Utalii College is a corruption free zone and an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification