Kenya Utalii College Chief Information and Communication Technology Officer Job Vacancy
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 20, 2014
Kenya Utalii College is a State Corporation established under the Tourism Act 2011, responsible for developing a highly qualified human resource base for the Hospitality and Tourism industry through training, research, consultancy and related services.
The college now seeks to hire key staff to strengthen its operations in the following position:-
Chief Information and Communication Technology Officer
Reporting to the Deputy Principal, the Chief Information and Communication Technology Officer will be responsible for managing all the Information Technology (ICT) functions of the College.
- Formulate, implement and monitor all ICT policies, standards and procedures of the College;
- Plan and schedule activities in the Information technology Department;
- Plan the acquisition and upgrading or replacement of computer hard ware and software systems;
- Initiate, plan and manage specific computerization projects of the College;
- Ensure information systems security, integrity and availability is maintained to highest standards;
- Develop and implement procedures for disaster recovery to ensure high levels of systems resilience;
- Monitor the performance of computing systems to ensure that they are configured for optimal performance;
- Ensure inventory of all computing equipment, software and documentation are properly maintained;
- Manage website, internet, Local and Wide Area Network;
- Undertake research on emerging information and communication technologies to ensure appropriate ICT investment in line with market trends;
- Provide ICT leadership, risk management and oversee the running and maintenance of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Information Technology degree or equivalent from a recognized institution, with eight (8) years relevant working experience, three (3) of which should be at a senior level(a Masters degree in Computer Science or Information Technology will have an added advantage);
- Diploma in Computer Science or any other ICT related discipline;
- Proficiency in leading edge computer technologies, programming and practical knowledge of Oracle and SQL database.
- Ability to conceptualize and convert ideas into solutions;
- Excellent interpersonal relations and communication skills;
- Certification from relevant recognized professional bodies.
Written applications accompanied by certified Copies of Certificates and Curriculum Vitae giving details of current employment and remuneration package should be addressed in confidence to:
Kenya Utalii College
P. O. Box 31052 – 00600
Should be received not later than: 30th January 2014
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews
Kenya Utalii College is a corruption free zone and an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification