Kenya Red Cross Multi-media, Communications & Public Relations Manager Job Vacancy
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 16, 2014
Kenya Red Cross Society is one of the largest humanitarian organizations in Kenya. Its mission is to be the leading humanitarian organization in Kenya delivering excellent quality service of preventing and Alleviating Human Suffering.
The Society is looking for a qualified person to fill the following position:
Position Title: Multi-media, Communications & Public Relations Manager
Job location: Head quarters
Position Summary: This role is responsible for the effective management of Multi Media Communications and Public Relations through the implementation and evaluation of the KRCS communications strategies aimed at promoting and enhancing the society’s image through media relations, creating public awareness of the role played by KRCS in delivering high quality humanitarian relief services
Multi-Media Communications Strategy/Policies:
- Study the objectives, promotional policies and needs of KRCS to develop multi-media communications and public relations strategies and budgets that will influence public opinion or promote ideas as well as new humanitarian programmes.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of the communications strategy aimed at advancing the mission and objectives of KRCS, position KRCS as a leader in setting ethical and professional standards that enhance the integrity of humanitarian programmes.
- Plan and develop pre-production ideas into outlines, scripts, story boards and graphics.
- Implement an effective publicity strategy to ensure thorough documentation of programme activities to promote the Society’s image and reputation as the leading humanitarian organization by highlighting best practices aimed at improving relationships and goodwill to benefit a greater number of communities.
- Oversee the development, editing and packaging of multi-media communication materials for internal and external audiences including employees, communities, stakeholders and the general public.
- Oversee the organization and implementation of press conferences, photo sessions and media events to address specific issues designed to improve understanding and acceptance of the society’s mandate policies, objectives, strategies and services.
- Oversee effective implementation of the Society’s public relations and communications policy
- Provide support to lobby and advocacy initiatives with a view to reform laws and policies that hamper the implementation of humanitarian relief services.
- Maintain effective media relations, establish and maintain regular contact with media representatives and also promptly respond to requests for information from the media, other stakeholders and the general public in order to promote the society’s image and reputation.
- Coordinate effective utilization and maintenance of multi-media equipment.
- Provide technical leadership in the area of publicity and documentation. Also participate in monitoring and evaluating individual and work team performance against set targets and objectives.
- Strengthen partnerships and networks with stakeholders, particularly government agencies, development partners, NGO’s and private sector organizations to ensure smooth implementation of humanitarian relief programmes.
- Represent the KRCS at meetings, conferences and workshops and other forums to promote programme activities and articulate issues related to humanitarian relief.
- Conduct opinion polls and baseline surveys on specific humanitarian issues to identify trends, key interests and concerns in order to develop comprehensive communication reports based on analysis and interpretation of issues.
- Monitor the implementation of community programmes to identify, capture and document innovative approaches and best practices for purposes of disseminating and sharing experiences to promote repeat applications or scaling up in different community settings within the country and around the world.
Intranet and Website Management:
- Coordinate the overall design and effective management the society’s website and intranet facility and ensure that content is up to date and relevant.
- Coordinate overall design and effective management the Society’s website and intranet facility and ensure that content is up-to-date.
- Coordinate web projects across departments.
- Maintain a consistent look and feel throughout all web properties.
- Copy, edit and proof-read all web content.
- Good command of industry standard computer design packages including Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash and Flash 3D Animator, Apple Final Cut Pro and Avid audio Production software.
- Advanced knowledge of mass media operation and its proper utilization for dissemination of information.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with the media, government officials, employees, donors, stakeholders and the general public.
- Ability to compose and produce a variety of communications materials and website updates for release to media and other stakeholders.
- Ability to provide practical training in Multi-media communication and PR strategies, methods and techniques.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Multi – Media Communications, Journalism or equivalent plus membership affiliation to professional body.
- Over 7 years demonstrated experience in developing and implementing effective corporate communications programmes.
Applications should be sent to the following address to be received on or before 24th January 2014.
Kenya Red Cross Society
P.O. Box 40712-00100,
Kenya Red Cross Society
P.O. Box 40712-00100,