Kenya Power Company – Secretary Job Vacancy
Posted: Aug 20, 2013
Kenya Power Company Secretary Job Vacancy
Career Opportunity with Kenya Power
Applications are invited for the following Senior Management position in Kenya Power.
Job Ref: HR: KP1/5CB/3 – 488
Reporting to the Managing Director & CEO, the Company Secretary will be responsible for the following duties among others:
- Providing secretarial services, legal and governance advise to the Board.
- Participating in developing and implementing corporate business plans, objectives and strategies.
- Developing and implementing divisional business plans and initiating necessary interventions.
- Participating in the structuring, negotiating and execution of contracts on behalf of the Company.
- Advising on and ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory matters especially relating to capital markets and the energy sector.
- Providing shares registry services to shareholders and investors in the company.
- Acquiring and securing Company property.
- Procuring and administering insurance policies on properties, business and liabilities.
- Ensuring implementation of the Corporate Risk Management Program.
- Keeping custody of Company records and agreements.
- Bachelor of Law Degree from a recognized Institution.
- Possession of Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Certified Public Secretary of Kenya – CPS (K).
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya.
- Training in Corporate Governance & Leadership.
- Twelve (12) years working experience at a Senior level handling comparable duties.
- Excellent Leadership Skills;
- Negotiations Skills;
- Drive for results & achievement;
- Good Interpersonal and Communication Skills.
Interested persons should send their applications, CVs, copies of certificates and other relevant testimonials, information on current salary, reliable daytime telephone contact and names of three (3) referees to:
Chief Manager, Human Resources & Administration
P O Box 30099 – 00100
P O Box 30099 – 00100
So as to reach not later than Tuesday, 3d September, 2013.
(Quote the job reference number on the envelope).
Only shortlisted persons will be contacted.
Kenya Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer.