Kenya Pipeline Senior Enterprise Applications Analyst Job Vacancy
Senior Enterprise Applications Analyst - 1 Post
Overall Job purpose: Responsible for the capture and analysis of new business requirements, design, configuration and testing of new and enhanced functionality within the SAP ERP environment including process improvement and configuring SAP business rules, master data maintenance, sap roles maintenance and user support.
- Analyze and document business processes with a view of continuous improvement. Configure, test and analyze SAP IMG to implement the Company’s processes.
- Develop and maintain roles related to all SAP modules and advise SAP Basis administrators on assignment of such roles in conformance to accepted security standards.
- Support the daily operational activities including transaction processing and system security reviews.
- Develop and advice the department head on new business processes which can be used to improve performance and increase efficiency. Test the processes, make presentations and implement the proposed processes
- • Advice business unit leaders on how their business processes can be improved using the emerging technology and changed business knowledge and the operating environment.
- Train members of the department and any other person on the changed financial business processes to ensure improved performance and efficiency.
- Act as the contact person in the department on matters to do with business processes automation and when required demonstrated to other interested parties both from within and without on levels of automation
- Manage or assist in the management of small to medium sized projects, including the planning, development and implementation and reporting of project status.
- Act as liaison with ICT and other systems analysts to assist in resolving problems and incidents with SAP applications.
- Assist in the definition, development and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables and specifications in collaboration with internal users and other departments according to system development life cycle standards.
- Assist the end user in use of SAP applications by developing user manuals and guidelines and initially training end users to operate new or modified programs.
- Interface with ICT and other SAP analysts to ensure the proper integration of business processes and procedures.
- Work with other teams across KPC to resolve functional problems.
- Develop and maintain new reports in SAP.
- Assist in the coordination of tasks assigned to contractor/consultants.
- Configuration of SAP IMG on new release strategies for new business unit and for new employees as per the SAP Modules business blue print and SAP configuration guide and in conformity with International Accounting Standards.
- Training and supporting new and existing users on SAP Modules.
- Trouble shooting of authorization objects for the end users as well training FICO support team through knowledge transfer to ensure that all users get personalized attention and ensure business continuity.
- Updating the Manager on SAP module issues.
- Provide proper cross functional communication with other key users, consultants, process owners and user departments to improve process efficiency.
- Logging of emerging system issues with a view to sorting out or forwarding them to the implementing agency.
- Documentation of all changes done in SAP and obtaining required authorizations.
- Roles’ testing, cleaning and checking excess authorization or unauthorized across functional modules conflicts so as to safeguard system abuse.
- Perform ad hoc/routine duties in the ICT Department as delegated by the ICT Manager.
- Completed at least one full cycle implementation of ERP systems.
- A detailed understanding of business processes with specialization in any of the SAP modules, Workflow or Business Objects (BO). Understanding of cross module integration points will be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated ability to resolving SAP issues as well as integration issues, among modules.
- Knowledge and experience of customizing in SAP R/3.
- Change Management and good communication skills.
- Knowledge of IFRS/IAS/CPIM and budgeting and budgetary controls.
- Be honest, dependable and observe high standards of integrity at all times.
- Bachelor of Science degree in IT, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management IT, Business IT OR Bachelor’s degree with relevant post graduate qualification from a recognized University
- Minimum of six (6) years relevant experience from a large and busy organization
- SAP certification in FI/CO or HR or MM will be a plus
- Membership to a relevant professional body e.g. CSK and ISACA.
The Managing Director
Kenya Pipeline Company Limited
P.O. Box 73442, 00200
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification