Kenya Pipeline Risk and Business Continuity Assistant Manager Job Vacancy
Assistant Manager (Risk and Business Continuity) - 1 Post
Overall Job Purpose: The Assistant Planning Manager will be the head of the Risk Management section and will be answerable to the Corporate Planning Manager for the efficient and effective coordination of risk management, and monitoring and evaluation activities of the company.
- Planning and conceptualization which will entail establishment of the organizational environment identify and analyze corporate objectives in relation to expected outcomes and define the key elements for structuring risk.
- Identification, analysis and evaluation of risk, business processes and projects through the use of appropriate tools and techniques, comprehensively determine impact, ratings and ranking of risks.
- Develop and implement detailed risk action plans.
- Develop and implement monitoring and evaluation systems for business activities
- Monitor and review risk management on a continuous basis to ensure new risks are detected and that the action plan is effectively implemented
- Communication and reporting including circulation of the corporate risk register, action plans, milestone and all risk management reports.
- Ensure robust, program-wide consistent M&E systems are in place and used effectively throughout the lifetime of the project.
- Oversee the collection of high quality data to document project effect and impact. Contribute to ensuring adequate documentation is made for all activities undertaken in the course of the project.
- Organize performance through performance contracts (PC) reviews and business process improvement programmes as well as undertake special investigations aimed at improving organizational effectiveness.
- Implement strategies for creating a high performing organizational culture based on transparency, integrity, accountability, performance measurement and results to ensure that programme activities are undertaken on sound management principles and practices.
- Provide technical leadership to multidisciplinary teams to develop, implement and evaluate risk management plans as well as monitoring and evaluation systems aimed at improving organizational effectiveness.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of staff in order to ensure that candidates selected have the required job competencies and are provided with orientation and induction programme necessary for effective job performance.
- Review incidents of violations against organizational policy and regulations as well as handle employee disputes and take appropriate action in line with approved policies, procedures and regulations.
- Assess staff performance and determine training needs as well as design and implement training programmes aimed at equipping staff with appropriate job competencies in order to improve organizational effectiveness.
- Prepare concept papers, board papers, periodic progress reports and annual reports showing organizational achievements against planned targets as well as providing justification for performance variances and areas of improvement.
- Broad knowledge of Risk Management and Monitoring and Evaluation principles and guidelines.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- High level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
- Strong expertise in strategic management, project planning and service tariffs, budgeting and resource & performance management.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Ability to analyze and interpret operational, economic and financial data and apply management principles and practices.
- Ability to develop and implement performance management systems.
- Ability to empower staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Commerce, Finance, Business Administration or a related field from a recognized University.
- Minimum of eight (8) years relevant experience from a large and busy organization four (4) of which must have been served at Senior Management
- Membership to a relevant professional body.
The Managing Director
Kenya Pipeline Company Limited
P.O. Box 73442, 00200
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification