Kenya Pipeline Projects Manager Job Vacancy
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 18, 2014
Kenya Pipeline Company Limited is looking for suitable candidates to fill the following vacant position.
Projects Manager - 1 Post
Reporting to the General Manager (Technical)
- Responsible for projects management in design, construction, commissioning and handing over to ensure that the company funds are efficiently utilized during all stages of the projects and that they are implemented in accordance with the contract so that they can meet the intended use at best quality.
- Ensure proper running of all engineering projects in KPC through effective guidance to both staff in the Department and external suppliers/contractors.
- Co-ordinate the design and construction of engineering projects and ensure they are executed in accordance with the contract in a professional manner to guarantee efficiency, cost effectiveness and timely completion.
- Coordinating with other departments to achieve overall objectives of the Company.
- Developing prudent departmental policies consistent with Company rules and regulations.
- Provide technical leadership to multidisciplinary teams to enable them develop, implement and evaluate strategic management plans and budgets aimed at improving performance standards and organisational effectiveness.
- Develop and implement strategies for creating a high performing organisational culture based on transparency, integrity, accountability, performance measurement and results to ensure that programme activities are undertaken on sound management principles and practices.
- Initiate and participate in organisational performance reviews and business process improvement programmes as well as undertake special investigations aimed at improving organisational effectiveness.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of staff in order to ensure that the candidates selected have the required job competencies and are provided with orientation and induction programme necessary for effective job performance.
- Review incidents of violations against organisational policy and regulations as well as handle employee disputes and take appropriate action in line with approved policies, procedures and regulations.
- Conduct training needs assessment, design and implement training programmes aimed at equipping staff with appropriate job competencies in order to improve the design and delivery of high quality services.
- Plan, monitor and evaluate the performance of staff against set targets and objectives and implementing development action plans aimed at building the capacity of individuals and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering field from a recognized institution.
- Membership to a relevant professional body e.g. Engineers’ Registration Board.
- Minimum fifteen years (15) relevant experience gained in project management operations during design and implementation, ten (10) of which will be from a large business concern.
- Comprehensive knowledge of international trends in engineering projects.
- Strong well developed written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills including ability to prepare relevant reports.
- Flexibility and responsiveness in handling and determining civil engineering issues, sound analytical skills and the ability to identify with precision the critical factors of a problem in an impartial and objective way.
- Demonstrated ability to deal patiently and sympathetically with people from diverse backgrounds and to develop practical solutions to problems.
- Ability to maintain professional status and keep abreast of evolving trends in engineering through continuing professional development.
- Proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint and Outlook express including financial and statistical packages.
- Demonstrate technical expertise in risk management, quality assurance as well as monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to establish flexible multidisciplinary teams in an environment conducive to continuous learning, creativity and innovation.
- Ability to empower staff through coaching and counselling by emphasizing accountability and results oriented management rather than direct supervision.
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence to the address below by 29th January 2014 enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional qualifications, relevant experience and attaché copies of certificates.
Applications may also be deposited at our Head Office, Kenpipe Plaza, Ground Floor in the Application Box or posted to:
The Managing Director
Kenya Pipeline Company Limited
P.O. Box 73442, 00200
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification