Kenya Pipeline Information Security Analyst Job Vacancy
Also responsible for establishing administrative, physical and procedural safeguards for centralized and shared or supported departments’ information, hardware and software as appropriate and ensures that an effective plan for emergency or disaster contingency recovery is current and tested.
- Participate in the setup and approval of network and application security designs
- Review the development and implementation of organization-wide network security systems – firewalls, intrusion detection, VPN, access controls.
- Assess and recommend appropriate security tools and products
- Assess and advise on appropriate countermeasures to minimize the security risk posed by outsourced providers.
- Perform tracking and reporting of information systems audit issues
- Test and sign off security technologies in new, upgraded and existing systems
- Schedule and conducts regular security reviews of the Company’s compliance against established policies and standards
- Monitor and assess network security issues
- Monitor and assess third-party vulnerabilities
- Provide fast, real-time network intrusion response
- Manage authentication and access methods requirements.
- Manage user policy usage and requirements (such as a password policy).
- Manage external and physical security requirements (such as access to computer rooms).
- Manage secure messaging requirements.
- Provide ongoing technical support and subject matter expertise for security initiatives within the company.
- Verify that proprietary information is disposed of in a secure way and rendered inaccessible.
- Evaluate risks to the enterprise as a result of security assessments
- Participate closely in related areas such as business continuity planning, loss prevention and fraud prevention, and privacy.
- Strong knowledge of Information and Communication Technology
- Must have practical information security experience in at least three (3) of the following: Unix (Solaris/Linux) / Active Directory, Networks, Firewalls, Intrusion Detection, Application controls, SAP R/3, Security Testing, and information security policy implementation
- Solid knowledge of Information security regulations, standards, and leading practices, information systems risk management practices, including system management and change control practices.
- Aware of the implications of legislated requirements that impact security for the enterprise
- Ability to resolve conflicts between information security and business objectives
- Excellent communication skills with ability to lead both technical and business level Communications
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from a recognized University.
- Minimum three (3) years relevant experience.
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Security is mandatory.
- Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or related certification a must.
The Managing Director
Kenya Pipeline Company Limited
P.O. Box 73442, 00200
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification