Kenya Pipeline Hardware Engineer Job Vacancy
- Install PC’s and related hardware
- Investigates hardware problems and performs minor system hardware and communication connection repairs
- Perform basic diagnostic testing Major problems or repairs are directed to outside vendors.
- Provide end User Support in diagnosing hardware and software problems, staying on call when needed and training end users
- Ensure routine maintenance including installing/configuring new computers, network adapters and repairing/upgrading PC hardware, software and printers.
- Maintain inventory of hardware supplies (cables, adapters, etc)
- Provide infrastructure support by building and installing cables, running plant cabling
- Research, learn, and evaluate new hardware
- Coordinate outsourced hardware support services
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard hardware (desktops, network components and servers)
- Demonstrated knowledge of setting up remote access for users
- Demonstrated ability to administer a 500+ node desktop environment.
- Demonstrated ability to support networked printers and photocopiers
- Demonstrated working knowledge of current communications devices and protocols, server and desktop technologies.
- Ability to negotiate hardware/software service and technical support contracts with vendors.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and tasks simultaneously.
- Highly developed verbal and written communications.
- Bachelor of Electronic/Electrical Engineering or Equivalent in from a recognized University
- Minimum three (3) years relevant experience from a large and busy organization
- Membership to relevant professional body such as ERB
- Certification in hardware (servers, printers, desktops/laptops] maintenance necessary).
- Certificate in cabling including fiber splicing is necessary.
The Managing Director
Kenya Pipeline Company Limited
P.O. Box 73442, 00200
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification