Kenya Pipeline Corporate Communications Manager Job Vacancy
Corporate Communications Manager - 1 Post
Overall Job Purpose: Responsible for the promotion of the company’s corporate identity and enhancement of its brand image through communication and exposition of information by publicizing the company’s objectives, policies and activities and fostering good customer relations, research, surveys and promotions.
- In charge of Policies formulation.
- Develop and implement communication strategies.
- Develop and implement KPC Public Relations strategy, taking into account the internal and external changes in the market.
- Ensure that these are aligned with Corporate Strategic Plan and internal communications strategies.
- Ensure that collaterals for KPC functions and other forms of communications by the company are prepared and issued in line with brand guidelines and are aligned with overall communications strategy.
- Develop operational plans and budget for effective implementation of PR programmes.
- Provide strategic PR advice to management and commission communication strategies.
- Recommend and implement informational and promotional strategies (campaigns) for corporate and marketing purposes and design innovative PR and marketing promotional materials.
- Respond to all queries in respect of KPC from general public, media, special interest groups and other components of the firm’s stakeholder ecosystem.
- Ensure KPC leadership in managing issues pertinent to the industry is upheld and maintained.
- Ensure and maintain absolute confidentiality on information obtained and released, as and when necessary.
- Advise and recommend to KPC possible outcomes and response-scenarios based on strategic initiatives made in the year.
- Act as a credible and trustworthy liaison between KPC and the various vendors and partners it deals with in the PR space to ensure cordial relations and value for money in all operations.
- Collect and communicate information that may give KPC strategic advantage.
- Prepare and submit weekly, monthly, periodic reports within schedule and to standards.
- Website development or related field.
- Create and administer a proper filing system for the Communications Department.
- Evaluate grants and sponsorship requests and implement appropriate Corporate Social Responsibility programmes.
- Originate and co-ordinate displays and exhibitions for the company, both for corporate and market significance.
- Coordinate social and welfare programmes that are under the auspices of corporate communication and marketing such as sports, parties, donations, anniversaries.
- Promote customer and investor relations for the company.
- Commission opinion and image surveys and interact with outside publics on both corporate and image related issues.
- Spearhead corporate branding while ensuring the company is portrayed in the right corporate image.
- Write speeches for management and staff for presentation in different forums.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of staff in order to ensure that the candidates selected have the required job competencies and are provided with orientation and induction programme necessary for effective job performance.
- Conduct training needs assessment, design and implement training programmes aimed at equipping corporate communications staff with appropriate job competencies in order to improve the design and delivery of high quality services.
- Coordinate Branding activities
- Plan, monitor and evaluate the performance of staff against set targets and objectives and implementing development action plans aimed at building the capacity of individuals and multi-disciplinary teams and company goals.
- Good network and experience with the media/PR firm (at least ten years’ experience).
- Strong leadership skills including effective interpersonal, communication, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Desk top Publishing.
- Ability to take personal responsibility for dealing with customers’ issues and concerns,
- Ability to maintain professional status and keep abreast of evolving trends in Corporate Affairs through continued professional education.
- Ability to deliver Kenya Pipeline Company’s articulated Mission, Vision and Policies.
- Adequate financial management and presentation skills.
- Ability to observe diplomacy and etiquette.
- Ability to establish flexible teams to carry out tasks in an environment that promotes continuous learning, creativity and innovation.
- Ability to empower staff through coaching and counseling by emphasizing accountability and results oriented management.
- Demonstrate technical expertise in quality assurance as well as monitoring and evaluation.
- Strong analytical skills, customer orientation, excellent writing and oral skills, organizational skills, integrity and basic knowledge in photography and videography.
- Ability to deliver KPC’s articulate vision for change, create a sense of urgency around change and motivate staff to join change efforts.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and at odd hours.
- Effective leadership skills.
- A Degree in Social Science or Communication from a recognized University
- A postgraduate diploma in mass communication from a recognized institution
- Membership to a relevant professional body
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant experience from a large and busy organization five (5) of which must have been served at Senior Management
The Managing Director
Kenya Pipeline Company Limited
P.O. Box 73442, 00200
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification