Kenya Electricity Generating Company: Performance, Learning and Change Officer
Kenya Electricity Generating Company Limited, KenGen is the leading electric power generation company in Kenya, producing about 80 percent of electricity consumed in the country. The company utilises various sources to generate electricity ranging from hydro, geothermal, thermal and wind. Hydro is the leading source, with an installed capacity of 737.3MW, which is 60 per cent of the company’s installed capacity.
KenGen has a workforce of 1,650 staff located at different power plants in the country. With its wealth of experience, established corporate base and a clear vision, the company intends to maintain leadership in the liberalised electric energy sub-sector in Kenya and the Eastern Africa Region.
Job Reference Number (Ref: HRS/P&C/08/2010).
Job Title Performance, Learning and Change Officer
Location Central Office
Department HR & Administration
Qualification Bachelors Degree in Business
Experience 3 Years
Number of Vacancies 2
Closing Date 2010-08-20
The key purpose of this role is to design, develop and implement models and effective tools and process to institutionalize performance management, learning and development, leadership development and change management in line with KenGen’s corporate strategy and support team leaders adopt and use the tools and processes.
- Delivers on agreed people agenda projects/initiatives that are not related to performance management or training to ensure on time and in full delivery of project benefits e.g. job evaluations, staff satisfaction surveys, ERP, business process reengineering
- Prepare and Present KTC Papers.
- Sit in various cross functional project meetings where performance and change has an input.
- Minimum of an Undergraduate degree in any field, preferably with a post-graduate diploma in Human Resource Management. Possession of a Masters Degree or MBA would be an added advantage. Knowledge in project management; change management and facilitation of learning is preferable.
Related Job Experience/Qualifications:
- At least 3 years in any of the following,- performance, change, learning and development. Ability to lead a team or a business unit in performance management, training and development; and/or change management in a large performance driven organisation, demonstrating a sound understanding of Business, Vision, Strategy.
- Experience in planning, organising, coordinating multiple projects in a busy business environment is key.
Post-graduate diploma in Human Resource Management. Possession of a Masters Degree or MBA would be an added advantage. Knowledge in project management; change management and facilitation of learning is preferable.
- Proven conceptual and analytical skills, with the ability to analyze business data, processes, initiatives, results and information.
- Well-developed communication (written/verbal), interpersonal and facilitation skills including the
- Ability to liaise with individuals at all levels in a variety of contexts.
- High level of computer skills especially in analysis tools including use of a human resource information system (HRIS), MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Proven ability in planning and organizing and leading multiple projects and delivering outcomes within stipulated time frames.
- Highly results oriented, adaptable and flexible, with the ability to champion a cause, drive change and transformation