Kenya Commercial Bank Group (KCB) Kenya: Business Development Manager, Islamic Banking
Kenya Commercial Bank Group (KCB) is a leading Commercial Bank in the East Africa region. The main business sectors are in Retail Banking, Corporate Banking, Treasury and Mortgages. The Bank is also supported by Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Risk Management, Credit, Audit, Marketing and other support functions. KCB’s Vision is to be the best bank in the Region. Its Mission is “To consistently deliver quality financial products and services in the interest of all our stakeholders through best business practice in the dynamic markets in which we operate”. The Bank commands a large banking network and as a player in the global financial market, maintains working arrangements with correspondent banks throughout the world.
The following vacancies are currently available;
Reporting to the Divisional Director Retail, the position has the responsibility to design and develop new Islamic Banking products, rollout to market and growth of the Islamic Banking portfolio.
This challenging opportunity to contribute to the growth of our business will involve the following:
- Formulation and execute Islamic Business Strategy in alignment with the Group Business Strategic Plan.
- Initiate and ensure establishment of a reputable Sharia Advisory Board (SAB) to assist in advisory/compliance certificates on Islamic Banking products.
- Design and co-ordinate the development, rollout and management of Islamic Banking products within the Retail Business.
- Monitor performance of Islamic Banking products through analysis of sales and product performance.
- Manage all media placements of Islamic Banking products in compliance with Islamic Advisory Board.
- For the above position, the successful applicants should have
- A university degree preferably in a financial field. Possession of a post graduate degree or professional qualification in a related field will be an added advantage
- 5 years management experience with specific expertise in marketing/sales/product development of Islamic Banking products and services with proven success results
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent client relationship management.
- Proven people, leadership, communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong risk analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- A result driven ‘team player’, personality with a willingness and ability to work in a dynamic working environment.
This is a demanding role for which we will provide a very attractive and competitive package for the right candidate.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above,
please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, current remuneration level, e-mail, and telephone contacts via e-mail to, [email protected] quoting “Business Development Manager, Islamic Banking” in the subject field.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. To be considered, your application must be received by 30th July 2010.