Kenya Airways Investigation Specialist Job in Nairobi Kenya
Location: Nairobi, KE
Organization Name: Managing Director
Welcome aboard Kenya Airways!
Kenya Airways is truly the Pride of Africa. Our global network now reaches 62 destinations, 49 of which are spread across the Africa continent. With a modern fleet of 45 aircrafts, including five Boeing 777 series, makes us one the youngest fleets in Africa.
At Kenya Airways we believe our greatest asset is our people. When you join Kenya Airways we provide you with training and all the systems and tools you require to perform.
Brief Description: Reporting to the Manager Security Investigations and Forensic Services, the investigations specialist will provide support to the security management by undertaking fraud, Security, forensic and other investigations including extracting, analysing, and interpreting data/information on security lapses, operational lapses and fraud and advice/recommend appropriate action and/or preventive measures and other complex business information through investigation reports in a well understood manner.
- Conduct general and forensic investigations in conformity to regulatory requirements and within specified time frame to ensure logical conclusion .
- Effectively contribute and participate in comprehensive, professional and timely security investigation reports to facilitate prompt corrective and preventive actions as necessary.
- Advise the Management on methods and techniques of crime prevention and corrective measures.
- Assist in the follow up on implementation of recommendations made during investigations.
- Assist in creation of staff awareness of the company policies on Security, fraud and loss prevention.
- Conduct preventive fraud risk assessments
- Recommend on policy, procedure or operations enhancement arising from gaps observed/identified during investigations
- Represent the company in courts as and when required and assist business with prosecution of fraud suspects and recovery of lost revenue.
- Liaise with other internal and external stakeholders and general crime prevention agencies and create conducive environment to ensure that necessary information and assistance is received to avert any risks directed to Kenya Airways operations network-wide.
- Gather information for proactive security decisions .
- A bachelors Degree in social science/Aviation/Business related field from a reputable university
- Certification in CFE /CISA or Diploma in fraud investigation
- Minimum of three years experience in Fraud investigation in a corporate environment or six years security related investigations in a law enforcement agency.
- Excellent and proven Forensic and Fraud investigation skills
- Knowledge of criminal procedure code, Evidence Act and the Penal Code
- Knowledge of aviation industry will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication, analytical and report writing skills;
- Excellent in Microsoft Office applications;
- Proficiency in the use of ACL or other widely used data analysis applications
- Attention to details and result oriented;
- Must have the ability to work within strict deadlines under minimum supervision;
- Team Player
- High Integrity
- Strategic thinking
- Result Oriented
- Attention to Detail
- Building Capability
- High Resilience
- Personal Initiative
- Customer Service focus
Closing Date: 31-Jan-2014