Kenya Airports Authority Project Manager (Terminal 1, 2, 3 and Arrivals Terminal) Job Vacancy
The successful candidate must possess the knowledge, experience and confidence to engage and professionally interact with the design professionals, consultants and clients while successfully directing the other personnel in planning, coordinating and safely executing the work in accordance with the contract documents, schedule and budget while observing security and safety at the airport.
based in Nairobi
- Provide leadership in the implementation of the strategic policy and objectives of the project.
- Direct the delivery of the new Terminal and taking responsibility for the overall progress, by ensuring the project is delivered within the available resources, and that it is completed within time, cost, quality, risk, scope and project objectives, initiating corrective action where necessary.
- Prepare project implementation program and establish stringent project requirements.
- Act as the liaison person with all the stakeholders and other external parties, consultants, contractors, donors, financiers and statutory agents.
- Lead and motivate the project management team to ensure successful delivery of the project objectives by directing and managing project interface with existing airport operators and facilitating resolution of any operational challenges.
- Review contract documents relating to the project to ensure accuracy, quality & completeness and bring any discrepancies to the attention of all the concerned parties.
- Prepare and advise on budgets, seek approval & impart controls at all stages of the project to meet project budget.
- Monitor progress of the project and report to the General Manager and ensure best results through effective co-ordination with internal & external teams.
- Review the project plans and specifications and comment on the building design, scheduling, possible cost saving measures and potential construction challenges.
- Facilitate the assembling of job site office and equipment requirements; raise and discuss relevant issues at the job site meetings; ensure preparation and issue minutes of all site meetings.
- Monitor site safety and ensure that ensuring completion and tracking of all independent testing and inspections as required enforces the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Monitor the design consultant to ensure the deliverables are accomplished in accordance with the terms of reference.
- Leverage the contractor in all project phases and facilitate the working conditions with respect to the rules and conditions of the airport and all other aviation safety guidelines.
- Prepare the following: Financial reports, Risk reports, Progress reports, Environmental Health and Safety reports and Project Completion reports.
- Maintain the following: Financial reports, Issues Register, Risk Register, Daily Log, Environmental Health and Safety records.
- Minimum 15 years experience in project management five of which must have been in the supervision of an integrated project with a multifaceted components
- Must have supervised a project of similar size
- First degree in Architecture, Engineering or related field;
- Knowledge in Financial Management is desirable
- Strong presentation, organizational, negotiation and people management skills
- Leadership and emotional intelligence skills.
Kenya Airports Authority
P o Box 19001-00501