KeNAAM Grants Officer Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 31, 2014
Job Title: Grants Officer
Kenya NGO Alliance Against Malaria (KeNAAM) is a Network of Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), Faith Based Organizations (FBO), Community Based Organization working on advocacy, community social mobilization for scaling up of malaria interventions in Kenya.
KeNAAM endeavors to pool resources together through its elaborate networks towards preventing, controlling and reducing socio-economic burden due to malaria.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Grants and Compliance Manager, the Grants Officer will work closely with the Grants and Compliance manager to ensure project compliance with terms and conditions of donors.
The incumbent will help manage the grants management cycle including soliciting proposals, evaluating and selecting grantees, ensuring advances are paid on time, grant monitoring and reporting..
The job holder’s duties and responsibilities are outlined as follows:
- Ensure that there is good donor relations
- Ensure that there is total compliance to grants agreements.
- Coordinate proper and timely grants tracking mechanisms.
- Support the implementation of the budget.
- Work closely with Grants & Compliance manager in Fund raising
- Ensure the submission of all grant proposals within the required timelines.
- Coordinate the de-brief sessions for members of staff after the various grants milestones including and not limited to: proposal submission, grant award and grant close-out.
- Coordinate orientation meetings in regards to grants management for the staff members.
- Support in reviewing donor contracts and assessing the various conditions.
- Negotiate specific grant conditions.
- Coordinate the establishment of communication lines with donor representatives.
- Support in preparing the reporting framework and time tables for each grant.
- Review contract amendments in terms of budget change, activity change or time extension.
- Support in Grant close out in close liaison with the Grants & Compliance Manager.
- Assist Grants & Compliance manager in all matters of grant administration
- Ensure existence of an effective filling system of all grant documents including grantees reports
- Assist Grants and Compliance manager in cost share collection
- Grantees financial reviews
- Perform any other duties that maybe assigned from time to time by the Grants and Compliance Manager.
- Process disbursements to grantees
Level of Education/Academic Qualification
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Finance related field.
Specialized Training/Professional Qualifications
- CPA II.
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Good facilitation and training skills.
- Must have good interpersonal relation and team orientation.
- Must have initiative and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to details and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in IT applications including MS Office, Internet and e-mail.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong networking and relationship building skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a person of integrity.
- Willingness to travel to the field regularly.
Relevant Work Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in an NGO
Application Process: Interested candidates should email their resume of a maximum 4 pages and a cover letter indicating their current and expected gross salary and benefits to: [email protected]
Include “Grants Officer – [Your name]” in the subject line.
Closing date: 4th February 2014.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.