KeNAAM Grants and Compliance Manager Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 31, 2014
Vacancy Announcement: Grants and Compliance Manager
Job Summary: Reporting to Finance and Administration, the incumbent is responsible for providing leadership in grants and contract management.
The incumbent will ensure existence of an effective grant management system and shall participate in review of grant proposals / grant applications and ensure KeNAAM compliance to donor regulations and reporting.
S/He will be in charge of all matters relating to grant audit, grant filling and effective grant close out.
S/He supervises the Grant officer..
The job holder’s duties and responsibilities are outlined as follows:
Sub Grant Management and Compliance
- Manage the grant process from development of Request for Application, Review of technical proposals and budget to developing of award documents.
- Participate in pre-funding organizational capacity assessment of potential grantees.
- Receive and review proposals/grant applications to assess compliance with relevant guidelines and carry out grant technical reviews.
- Ensure overall compliance with terms and conditions of grants and awards.
- Coordinate financial reporting on grants and awards.
- Establish and manage record keeping systems and procedures for tracking and reporting.
- Monitor spending/burn rate against grants awards and provide information to program leads to adjust spending accordingly
- Ensure existence of adequate tools for monitoring of grants funds
- Maintenance of adequate documentation and records on grants
- Ensure timely disbursement of funds to affiliates
- Ensure smooth close out of programs.
- In charge of cost share collection and documentation
- Diversify and expand KeNAAM’s current funding sources by identifying strategic donor opportunities.
- Identify strategies for solicitation, engagement and mobilization of resources from individuals, private sector organizations, foundations or other donors.
- Ensure establishment and maintenance of productive relationships with donor and other supporting agencies and individuals.
- Provide the lead in development and writing of concepts, proposals and subsequent submission, solicitation of grants.
- Create and maintain reservoir project concepts/proposals for fundraising.
- Coordinate fund raising initiatives in accordance with the policies, procedures and the strategic plan of KeNAAM.
- Compile monthly, quarterly and annual funding reports from the sub recipients’ as per donor requirements.
- Liaise with finance team to ensure proper reporting on existing and incoming fund
Support to Programme Management
- Support the review and analyzing of programmatic reports
- Support the finance department in issuance of funds to sub grantees.
Level of Education/Academic Qualification
- A Masters degree in Finance and Accounting or Business related field.
Specialized Training/Professional Qualifications
- Must have CPA ( K) or ACCA qualification
- Diploma in Project Management
- Strong leadership capabilities and strategic management abilities.
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Excellent Knowledge in proposal and concept paper writing.
- Strong analytical, communication, dynamic thinking skills and result oriented.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and intercultural orientation.
- Should have strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage complex relationships with competing interests
- Must have initiative and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must have basic Institutional Strengthening skills.
Relevant Work Experience
A minimum of five years progressive relevant experience in Grant Management, three years of which should be at the managerial level.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email their resume of a maximum 4 pages and a cover letter indicating their current and expected gross salary and benefits to: [email protected]
Include “Grants and Compliance Manager – [Your name]” in the subject line.
Closing date: 4th February 2014.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.